Noosa residents are good recyclers. Council encourages residents to keep up this good work and try to improve, as the lower our contamination rates, the greater the market that exists for our recyclables. See Council's Recycling Guide to learn what can and cannot be recycled in Noosa.
Noosa Council offers many options for rubbish removal and collection. Council encourages residents to work Towards Zero Waste in accordance with its Waste Reduction & Recycling Plan 2016–2024.
Missed/Extra Services/Damaged Bins
360 Litre Bins
Standard bin size is 240L. Larger sized bins for garden waste and recycling (360L) are available through Council's Online Waste Forms.
Bin Collection Guidelines
- Place bins out before 6am on collection day
- Bins should be placed on the back of the road kerb and 300mm from other bins
- Weight of bin not to be more than 80kgs
- Handles should face the property
- Bins should be placed clear of cars, trees, poles, foothpaths and driveways
- Lids must be fully closed
- Bins should be removed from the kerbside after collection, on the same day of service