General Waste Information
Noosa Council offers many options for rubbish removal and collection. Council encourages residents to work Towards Zero Waste in accordance with its Waste Reduction & Recycling Plan 2016–2024.
View Council's Waste Disposals Fees for fees and charges.
Plastic Free Noosa
See Council's Plastic Free page for ideas to reduce plastic in our Shire and information on the ban of plastic bags in Queensland.
Find out more on Council's Recycling page or use Council’s RecycleSmart app (search "recyclesmart" in an app store).
Damaged/Stolen/Missed/Extra Services Bins
360 Litre Bins
Standard bin size is 240L. Larger sized bins for garden waste and recycling (360L) are available by filling out this form.
Bin Collection Guidelines
- Place bins out before 6am on collection day
- Bins should be placed 1 metre from road kerb and 500mm from other bins
- Handles should face the property
- Bins should be placed clear of cars, trees, poles, foothpaths and driveways
- Lids must be fully closed
- Free RecycleSmart recycling app (search “recyclesmart” in an app store) – for information on what can be recycled, drop-off locations and what can go into bins.
- Council's Bin Guide brochuredetails what items can be recycled at Noosa's Resource & Recovery Centre and which bin to use for common household waste items.
- Check out the printable recycling and waste signage or contact Council for free recycling or waste stickers.