Change Name and Address

When a property is sold within the region, council receives ownership and address details from the Department of Resources. If a property owner requires alteration to the postal address for council correspondence, including rate notices, they must complete a change of address online form and submit it to Council.

Ratepayers wishing to change their name or business name must authorise the change to council by submitting a change of name notification online form. You must state clearly on the form the reason for the name change and provide supporting documentation i.e. Marriage Certificate, Decree Nisi (divorce), letterhead with new company name or extract from Australian Securities Investments Commission (ASIC).

Property sales (new owners)

If you sell your property just prior to the issue of the bi-annual rate levies in early January and early July each year, council may not have received notification of the sale at the time of the production of the rate notices. If you receive a rate notice for a property you no longer own please forward the rate notice onto the new owner or return it to council. A penalty can apply if notification of a sale is not provided to the Department of Resources or to council within 30 days of settlement.

Receive your rate notice via email

Noosa Council offers the option of having your rate notice emailed instead of posted.

To receive your next rate notice electronically simply email the Rates section, specifying the property or properties you own and the email address to be used.

By registering for emailed rates notices you will not only enjoy the convenience of receiving your rate notice electronically but also help the environment as no paper copy of your rate notice will be created.

Submit an Enquiry