Discounts and Concessions

Council offers a number of options to help you pay your rates:

  • early payment discount
  • pensioner concession

Rates payment discount

If you pay within 30 days you will receive a 5% discount on your general rates.
To apply for the discount on a payment made after the due date, please make a request in writing. Council will consider approving these requests depending on the situation.

For more information on the type of circumstances Council will consider please refer to section 2.3.3 of the Revenue Statement. Revenue Statement [2.6MB].

When making an application, you should:

  1. pay the rates as shown on the rate notice
  2. submit a Discount on Late Rate Payments request online
  3. attach any supporting documents.

Council pensioner concessions (discounts)

All holders of a Queensland Pension Concession Card or a Veteran Affairs Gold Card are entitled to a council concession on their principal place of residence. (Note: Senior card holders are not eligible.)

As part of the 2023/24 budget, ALL pensioners will receive the full rebate of $115.00 per half year from 1 July 2023, regardless of the level of pension or ownership status. :

How to apply for a pensioner concession

To make an application for a pensioner concession, please complete Pensioner Rebate  form.

Return the form in person to council's office. A staff member will sight your pension card.

Alternatively, you can send the form to the Council by:

  • Post: Noosa Shire Council
    PO Box 141
    Tewantin  QLD 4565
  • Email: Scan and email to Council.

Please note: If you wish to post or email your pensioner rebate form:

  • A verified copy of your concession card must be included with this application.
  • Valid concession cards include either:
    • Queensland Pensioner Concessions Card issued by Centrelink or the Department of Veteran Affairs
    • Veterans' Affairs Repatriation Health Gold Card issued by the Department of Veteran Affairs.

See Section 2.4 of council's Revenue Statement [2.6MB] for full details of Council's Pensioner Concession Policy.

Submit an Enquiry