Discounts and Concessions
Council offers a number of options to help you pay your rates:
- early payment discount
- pensioner concession
Rates payment discount
If you pay within 30 days you will receive a 5% discount on your general rates.
To apply for the discount on a payment made after the due date, please make a request in writing. Council will consider approving these requests depending on the situation.
For more information on the type of circumstances Council will consider please refer to section 2.3.3 of the Revenue Statement. Revenue Statement [2.6MB].
When making an application, you should:
- pay the rates as shown on the rate notice
- submit a Discount on Late Rate Payments request online
- attach any supporting documents.
Council pensioner concessions (discounts)
All holders of a Queensland Pension Concession Card or a Veteran Affairs Gold Card are entitled to a council concession on their principal place of residence. To be eligible you must have owned property in the Noosa region for at least five out of the last ten years. (Note: Senior card holders are not eligible.)
The four categories of pensioner concessions are listed below:
|Pension rate||Sole title to the property||Joint title to the property|
|Maximum level of pension||$115 per half year||$90 per half year|
|Not maximum level of pension||$57.50 per half year||$32.50 per half year|
How to apply for a pensioner concession
To make an application for a pensioner concession, please complete Pensioner Rebate form.
Return the form in person to council's office. A staff member will sight your pension card.
Alternatively, you can send the form to the Council by:
- Post: Noosa Shire Council
PO Box 141
Tewantin QLD 4565
- Email: Scan and email to Council.
Please note: If you wish to post or email your pensioner rebate form:
- A verified copy of your concession card must be included with this application.
- Valid concession cards include either:
- Queensland Pensioner Concessions Card issued by Centrelink or the Department of Veteran Affairs
- Veterans' Affairs Repatriation Health Gold Card issued by the Department of Veteran Affairs.
See Section 2.4 of council's Revenue Statement [2.6MB] for full details of Council's Pensioner Concession Policy.