Have your say on Applications
Anyone can make a submission in writing for or against any development application submitted to Council. Council will consider the submission as part of the assessment process.
Impact assessable applications are required to be publicly notified by:
- Giving a notice to the owners of all adjoining land.
- Publishing a notice in a newspaper.
- Placing a notice on the land.
Submitters who make a properly made submission on an impact assessable application have third party appeal rights. This means that submitters are able to make an appeal to the Planning and Environment Court against Council's decision on the application. Alternatively, submitters can become a co-respondent in an appeal by an applicant against Council.
A properly made submission must:
- Be made to the assessment manager.
- Be in writing.
- Be signed by each person who made the submission unless the submission is made electronically.
- State the name and residential or business address of each person who made the submission.
- State what aspects of the plan or proposed development you support or oppose and why.
- Be received by Council during the formal public notification period.
Applications can be viewed at Noosa Council office at Level 2, 9 Pelican St, Tewantin.
Applications are viewable on Planning Online.
To help you with your submission, use this Notice of Submission form [42KB].
Please refer to the Department of State Development, Manufacturing, Infrastructure and Planning for more information.