Mayor & Councillors
The elected Council is made up of 6 Councillors and the Mayor.
The role of Councillors is to represent the community. They make decisions that benefit the whole Noosa Shire region, now and into the future. Councillors are responsible for:
- providing leadership to the local government and the community
- planning for the delivery of services and strategic planning for the future
- developing policy and making local laws
- complying with legislation.
As well as being a Councillor, the Mayor has extra duties. The Mayor:
- leads and manages Council Meetings to ensure that Council decisions are actioned
- provides strategic direction
- represents Council at civic or ceremonial functions.
Download a list of all Councillor contact details
Download a list of Working Groups & Committees established by Council (including Councillor memberships on these groups)
Councillor roles and codes
Council is committed to being open, accountable and ethical. Find out about councillors roles, codes, and reimbursement policy.
View current and historical Registers of Interests for Council's current elected members.