Grow Your Arts
Grow Your Arts is an initiative of Noosa Council’s RADF program. The Regional Arts Development Fund is a partnership between the Queensland Government and Noosa Council to support local arts and culture in regional Queensland.
Noosa is renowned for its many galleries, artists, markets and cultural products. To encourage cultural development in the area and to build the skills of local artists and artisans, Noosa Council presents the ‘Grow Your Arts’ series of workshops and initiatives. These help local artists improve their practice and business-skills, while also providing networking opportunities. Examples of past workshops have included Digital Storytelling, Writing About Your Art, Marketing, Arts Business Basics and Finding Your Arts Funding.
Upcoming Workshops and Events
2023 program coming soon!
RADF Grant Writing Workshop
|From June 27||
Music at Noosa Song Writing Circle
3 fortnightly sessions to support and connect local musicians who write their own songs.
|EOI's Open now!|
Noosa Council publishes a monthly Grow Your Arts enewsletter which is full of opportunities and information for the arts sector. The latest edition can be found here
Fill out this form to subscribe to the Noosa Grow Your Arts enewsletter.
There are a lot of other organisations and peak bodies that provide information and support to different arts sectors. Some have great e-newsletters. See below for links to organisations websites based on art form.
- Museum and Gallery Services Queensland (MAGSQ) is the peak professional body for the public museum and gallery sector in Queensland
- National Association of Visual Artists (NAVA) is the national peak body protecting and promoting the professional interests of the Australian visual and media arts, craft and design sector. Professional resources, insurance and more.
- Flying Arts Queensland embraces a spirit of adventure to inspire the appreciation, practice and professional development of the visual arts as a lifetime interest or career aspiration, and a creative life for all Queenslanders.
- QMusic is Queensland's music industry development association and has been transforming music industry careers since 1995.
- APRA AMCOS helps musicians make money from their music by selling licences to people who want to use it. When your music is played you earn royalties and get paid.
Performing Arts Connections is the national peak body for performing arts presenters. They support the development of the performing arts throughout Australia with our broad membership including arts centres, independent producers and companies, festivals and performing arts consultants, agencies and funding bodies.
- Australian Performing Arts Market connects contemporary Australian theatre, dance, emerging and experimental art with national and international opportunities.
- Sunshine Coast Screen Collective are local screen industry professionals who want to create the best of all possible worlds right here on the Sunshine Coast.
- Screen Queensland Our purpose is to grow the screen industry to be a significant contributor to the economic and cultural wellbeing of Queensland, opportunities, mentorships and grants.
Ausdance is Australia's peak body for dance and has a 40-year history of educating, inspiring and supporting the dance community to reach its potential as a dynamic force within local, national and international communities. Professional resources, insurance and more.
- Queensland Writer’s Centre champions writers across Queensland, help writers at all stages of their writing journey develop skills to improve their craft, engage their readers and build a sustainable career. They support the practice, development and recognition of writers and a vibrant culture of writing, reading and creating.
Regional Arts Services Network
The Regional Arts Services Network is an initiative of the Queensland Government through Arts Queensland. CQUniversity is serving as the Catchment Three (which includes Noosa) RASN provider from 2022 -2025. CQUniversity is striving to deliver excellent regional arts programs and services to ensure that our Queensland communities are connected, creative and cultural communities to live and work.
Sunshine Coast Creative Alliance
The Sunshine Coast Creative Alliance (SCCA) is a not-for-profit, arts advocacy organisation, governed by a volunteer board. We connect the dots between creative thinkers, businesses, places, supporters, target markets, audiences and key stakeholders through advocacy, learning, networking and partnerships.
Arts Acumen - Arts Queensland
Arts Acumen supports individuals and organisations across Queensland by providing resources, information and opportunities to foster knowledge growth, connections and access to industry intelligence. Arts Acumen has been developed in consultation with arts sector individuals, organisations and advisory bodies.