Grow Your Arts
Grow Your Arts is an initiative of Noosa Council’s RADF program. The Regional Arts Development Fund is a partnership between the Queensland Government and Noosa Council to support local arts and culture in regional Queensland.
Noosa is renowned for its many galleries, artists, markets and cultural products. To encourage cultural development in the area and to build the skills of local artists and artisans, Noosa Council presents the ‘Grow Your Arts’ series of workshops and initiatives. These help local artists improve their practice and business-skills, while also providing networking opportunities. Examples of past workshops have included Digital Storytelling, Writing About Your Art Marketing, Arts Business Basics and Finding Your Arts Funding.
June (Date and time TBC)
Social Media for Creatives
Noosa Council publishes the monthly Grow Your Arts e-newsletter to keep residents up to date with artist events, opportunities and funding. To read the latest 'Grow Your Arts' eNewsletter click here. To find out more about upcoming workshops, email Community Development to be added to the Noosa Arts database.
There are a lot of other organisations and peak bodies that provide information and support to different arts sectors. Some have great e-newsletters. See below for links to organisations websites based on art form.
- Museum and Gallery Services Queensland (MAGSQ) is the peak professional body for the public museum and gallery sector in Queensland
- National Association of Visual Artists (NAVA) is the national peak body protecting and promoting the professional interests of the Australian visual and media arts, craft and design sector. Professional resources, insurance and more.
- Flying Arts Queensland embraces a spirit of adventure to inspire the appreciation, practice and professional development of the visual arts as a lifetime interest or career aspiration, and a creative life for all Queenslanders.
- QMusic is Queensland's music industry development association and has been transforming music industry careers since 1995.
- Artour connects great art, great venues and great audiences and equip artists and venues with industry advice and support.
- Australian Performing Arts Market connects contemporary Australian theatre, dance, emerging and experimental art with national and international opportunities.
Screen Queensland Our purpose is to grow the screen industry to be a significant contributor to the economic and cultural wellbeing of Queensland, opportunities, mentorships and grants.
Regional Arts (QLD)
Regional Arts Services Network (RASN) is a network of regional arts service providers who work together to deliver on-the-ground arts services in communities across the state.
The Sunshine Coast Creative Alliance (SCCA) is a not-for-profit, arts advocacy organisation, governed by a volunteer board. We connect the dots between creative thinkers, businesses, places, supporters, target markets, audiences and key stakeholders through advocacy, learning, networking and partnerships.
Arts Acumen - Arts Queensland
Arts Acumen supports individuals and organisations across Queensland by providing resources, information and opportunities to foster knowledge growth, connections and access to industry intelligence. Arts Acumen has been developed in consultation with arts sector individuals, organisations and advisory bodies.
Ausdance – Queensland
Australia's peak body for dance has a 40-year history of educating, inspiring and supporting the dance community to reach its potential as a dynamic force within local, national and international communities. Professional resources, insurance and more
Performing Arts Connections Australia is the national peak body for performing arts presenters. They support the development of the performing arts throughout Australia with our broad membership including arts centres, independent producers and companies, festivals and performing arts consultants, agencies and funding bodies.
The Queensland Writers Centre is a community that champions writers across Queensland, help writers at all stages of their writing journey develop skills to improve their craft, engage their readers and build a sustainable career. They support the practice, development and recognition of writers and a vibrant culture of writing, reading and creating.
SCSC is a peak industry body fostering the advancement of the screen industry on the Sunshine Coast by nurturing local talent and providing ongoing opportunities for Connection, creation & education.