Subsidised Business Support Services
Looking to refresh and re-open? Not sure how your business will look or operate in the post COVID economy?
Noosa Council has engaged local professional service providers to support and advise businesses as COVID-19 restrictions ease and businesses start to re-open. Businesses wishing to review and/or refresh their operations as we enter a post COVID economy, are encouraged to take up the below offers.
In the first instance, we recommend that businesses work with their existing providers who are familiar with your business.
Subsidised by Council, business operators and owners can arrange a one on one (virtual) appointment to receive advice on specific issues. Offers are described below and are wholly subsidised by Council.
The areas of expertise on offer are:
- Business Continuity Planning /Financial
- Human Resources/Employee
- Communications and Marketing
- Innovation and Business Models
- Moving to an Online Retailing Model
- To participate, businesses must have a registered business address in the Noosa Shire
- To engage a provider, please contact the provider directly.
List of Providers
Business Mentors Noosa provide mentoring for businesses looking to fulfil their true potential. Through one on one mentoring, experienced mentors volunteer their time to provide valuable insight, guidance and support, and helping businesses respond to current issues and opportunities.
This service is currently being supported by Noosa Council for businesses affected by COVID-19 and there is no charge for a 12 month mentoring program for eligible Noosa based businesses.
BizWhiz Business Solutions
How is your business poised with the Roadmap to the easing of Queensland's COVID-19 restrictions?
Stage 1 Easing of Restrictions for Businesses will commence the 15th May and will continue for 4 weeks. Now, more than ever, Cash Flow Planning is a very significant issue for small businesses. Statistics indicate that ‘90% of small businesses fail due to poor cash flow’. Let your business not be another statistic or failed business. Act now!
- Can you trade profitably with the new restrictions? Will you have enough funds to meet your commitments, and to remain solvent?
- What changes can you make to help your business survive? How will it impact your cash flow?
- Cash Flow Scenario Planning tool (blank template)
- Example Cash Flow Scenario Planning tool (with example figures)
- Instructional Video on how to use Cash Flow Scenario Planner
- 20 minute phone call for Cash Flow Planner queries
More Money Business Solutions
Meeting with you to develop an action plan for the road to recovery. Assess your current market positioning, cashflow and team, and what needs to change or be improved in order for your business to come out of the current situation in a position of strength, so you can thrive.
Grange HR Consulting
We can assist local businesses transition from ‘surviving’ to ‘thriving’ during the recovery phase from COVID-19, with HR & Employment support. Up to a one-hour meeting on managing teams, productivity and all HR related matters is available via phone call or web conferencing and may include:
> Developing a workforce recovery plan including recruitment strategies.
> Managing a safe return to work aligned with the National COVID-19 Safe Workplace Principles.
> HR compliance and updates to employment contracts.
> Flexible working arrangements.
> Supporting employees’ psychological wellbeing.
> Leadership skills for business owners and managers to build resilience and adaptiveness.
Aims to support Noosa small business by building communications and marketing skills and developing initiatives to assist during the COVID-19 environment. This is a 3 step program which will focus on practical strategies and actions to maintain and grow your business.
Social Tap can assist with consulting in business innovation, strategy, marketing and communications
FREE 1.5 hrs Strategic Consultation
‘Crises present us with unique conditions that allow innovators to think and move more freely to create rapid, impactful change.’ Larry Clark, Innovation in a Time of Crisis, 26 Mar 2020, Harvard Business Publishing.
This service is aimed at owner managers of small and mid-sized businesses in the Noosa Shire. The focus is on thinking of new ways to do business and growing stronger as we - hopefully - move beyond the COVID-19 crisis.
Online consultation – typically 60 to 90 mins - to help business owner managers to identify opportunities to add value and grow the business through innovation. Consultation process is supported by briefing material sent before and after call.
An opportunity to:
• Consider your personal and business objectives for the next 3 years and beyond.
• Identify the gap between current position and where you want to be.
• Generate new ideas and new ways of doing business.
• Review your business model to identify different ways of doing business and generating profit.
Delivered by Zoom, 1 hour session to;
1. Understand current business positioning, strategy/risk.
2. Provide an Innovation Strategy/Risk framework for reducing operating expenses, and extending runway.
3. Explore Re-engineering of business model, distribution, new products etc.
4. Seek and position for future opportunities, identify emerging trends, capital flows
5. An Action Plan will developed up around this framework.
Number: 0407 581 993
Linked in: https://www.linkedin.com/in/leighkelson/
Provide guidance on how to convert your bricks and mortar store to an online model, including:
- provide advice and discuss the pros & cons of developing an online store, and/or selling via a marketplace (e.g., Amazon, eBay, Etsy) or via social media.
- applicable for physical products, digital products (e.g.,educational or informational) or services
- recommendations on both immediate and longer term strategies
- opportunity to answer questions regarding the practicalities of developing, managing and promoting an online shop front
Telephone: 0402 365 423
Linked In: Carolyn Cresswell
*Businesses can access up to a total of three suppliers, with no more than one from each different category.