Skip to Content

Noosa Shire Council

Industry Licensing-Environmentally Relevant Activity (ERA) Industry Licensing-Environmentally Relevant Activity (ERA)

A business that conducts any of the following activities requires a licence with Council.

  • Asphalt Manufacturing.
  • Plastic Product Manufacturing (50t or more of plastic products/yr; or 5t or more of foam, composite plastics or rigid fibre-reinforced plastics/yr).
  • Metal Forming (10000t or more/yr).
  • Metal Recovery (less than 100t/day; or more than 100t/day or 10000t/yr).
  • Surface Coating (anodising, electroplating, enamelling or galvanising using 1t to 100t of surface coating materials in a year).
  • Boat Maintenance or Repair.
  • Waste Incineration and Thermal Treatment.

A full list of ERAs can be found in Schedule 2 of the Environmental Protection Regulation 2008 (PDF).

For further information visit Council's toolbox on ERA. If after viewing this website more information is required, contact Council's customer service centre.

Please enter your name below to start chatting with a customer service officer