Council can issues fines called infringement notices. Infringements can relate to:

  • parking
  • animals
  • parks and reserves
  • signage
  • vegetation
  • food
  • public health
  • environment

Why council issues infringements

Council issues infringements according to local laws and state laws. This is to ensure the safety and well-being of Noosa Shire residents and visitors.

Paying an infringement

  • Pay via our payment page.
  • Post a cheque or money order to PO Box 141, TEWANTIN QLD 4565. Please include a copy of the infringement notice.

Additional charges apply if the infringement is not paid by the due date. Council conducts a search to find the vehicle owner and sends out a reminder notice. The search fee is then passed on to the owner.

The infringement amount and any additional charges must be paid on time. If it is not, it will be referred to the State Penalties Enforcement Registry (SPER). This will result in further charges. Once the matter has been referred to SPER, all dealings must be conducted with them and not with council.

You can arrange a payment plan with council. This is only available for amounts over $200. You must contact council to make the arrangement. Any extra charges must also be paid to prevent the matter from being referred to SPER.

For more information, or if you need assistance, please contact council's customer service centre

Options for people who have incurred an infringement notice

    • Refer to the paying an infringement information above.
    • Payments must be made within 28 days after the date the infringement notice was issued. The matter will be finished and no further enforcement action taken.
  • To lodge an appeal, complete the Request for Infringement Withdrawal Form and return to council. 

    Please note: this process does not apply to infringement notices issued under the following legislation:

    • Food Act 2006
    • Environmental Protection Act 1994
    • Public Health Act 2005


    Lodge Appeal Online

    An infringement may only be withdrawn in the following circumstances:

    • Medical emergencies
    • Vehicle malfunction
    • Other serious mitigating circumstances

    To help council make an informed decision, all requests must be accompanied by supporting evidence. Failure to supply supporting evidence at the time of the request will result in your appeal being dismissed.

    Please include with the form (if applicable):

    • Photographs or diagrams;
    • Vehicle repair receipt;
    • 'Sold vehicle' statutory declaration (copy of transfer papers or receipt of sale must be provided);
    • 'Illegal use' statutory declaration (written advice or crime report from the Queensland Police Service must be provided);
    • Copies of permits or disabled permits not displayed at the time of the offence;
    • Copies of medical certificates or other proof to support your case;
    • If you were not the driver of the vehicle at the time of the offence, you will need to provide a statutory declaration indicating who the driver was at the time the infringement notice was issued including name and contact details of the driver.
    • This is only available for infringement amounts of $200 or more. Instalments will be $60 per month.
    • Fill in the back of the infringement notice to apply for an instalment plan. Return it with your first instalment of $60. Send it to the Chief Executive Officer, Noosa Council, PO Box 141, TEWANTIN QLD 4565.
    • After you apply, the State Penalties Enforcement Registry (SPER) will send you an instalment plan. If you do not comply with the plan, SPER will take enforcement action, which may attract other fees.

    Note: Once your instalment plan is in place please direct all enquiries to SPER on 1300 365 635.

    The infringement will be finalised if:

    • council receives your application for instalment plan within 28 days after the date the infringement notice was issued and
    • you make all monthly payments.

    No further enforcement action will be taken against you.

  • All infringement notices are sent to vehicle owners. Owners are considered to have committed the offence. If you were not responsible for the vehicle at the time, you may be able to remove your responsibility for the infringement. You must fill out a statutory declaration to show the vehicle:

    • was being used illegally
    • was being used by another person (nominated by you)
    • was being used by another person (but unable to be identified)
    • has been sold or otherwise disposed of.

    You must send your statutory declaration to council within 28 days after the date the notice was issued. Council may begin to prosecute a person who is identified as the offender. If the offender cannot be identified, council may prosecute you.

    • Request a court hearing by filling in the details on the back of the notice.
    • Return it to the Chief Executive Officer, Noosa Council, PO Box 141, TEWANTIN QLD 4565. If your request is received within 28 days after the date the infringement was issued, council may begin to prosecute you in a magistrates court.