The Benefits of Working with Council
At Noosa Council we recognise our people are our greatest asset, and we provide many benefits to ensure our employees thrive in work and in life.
When joining the team at Noosa Council, you are joining a group of people with an unwavering commitment to make Noosa a great place to live, work and play. With our vision to be ‘different by nature’ we pride ourselves on being welcoming, inclusive and safe, and we celebrate difference. We value and embrace different perspectives to ensure everything we do has a sustainable impact for our workplace, environment, and community.
Noosa Council’s Corporate Plan 2017-2037 sets out Council’s vision of “Noosa Shire – different by nature”. When working towards our Noosa Vision 2037, Council will focus on:
- Respect: Respect for the diversity of opinions and beliefs in our community
- Inclusion: Access to participatory and democratic processes
- Responsiveness: As a Council, being connected with our community
- Authenticity: Understand our history and learning from our past.
Under the acronym SPARC, our internal values are reflected in everything we do - our decision-making, our actions, how we serve our community and how we work with each other.
Our values guide and bind us as one team, and contribute to all employees having a meaningful, challenging and rewarding career at Noosa Council.
Flexible working arrangements
Noosa Council is committed to workplace diversity and a balance between work and life. Council recognises that a diverse and capable workforce is essential to delivering outcomes for the Shire, the community and the need to balance business needs and individual requirements. As such, Council offers a range of flexible working arrangements including:
- Flex time/Nine-Day Fortnight (RDO)
- Part time employment
- Casual employment
- Graduated retirement
- Mid-career break
- Leave without pay
- Job sharing
Health and wellbeing
We acknowledge the importance of wellbeing and balance in our personal and professional lives, and we encourage positive, healthy, and engaged practices and behaviours both in work and in life.
Our Thrive Health and Wellbeing Program provides a range of health and wellbeing initiatives including:
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Regular events and personal development opportunities
- Fitness Passport (an external company supporting members and their families access local health and fitness centres at affordable prices)
- Annual flu vaccination program
- Annual skin check program
- Paid parental leave
Training and development
Noosa Council is committed to supporting employee career progression in the areas of study, training and development and offers both study assistance (for support when undertaking tertiary education) and employee development programs.