Weddings & Ceremonies
Council COVID Update 2021
Please note bookings made during the COVID-19 pandemic are subject to Federal and State Government Restrictions and directives. It is imperative that you are aware of and ensure that you comply with all necessary directives for outdoor activities and gatherings as outlined in the State Government's Roadmap to easing Queensland's Restrictions: COVID protocols must be adhered to as per State Government Instructions. Please also be aware of the restrictions currently in place for travelling to Queensland from Interstate - click here for travel details. Please note bookings can be moved up to 24 hours prior however cancellation of your ceremony will only be refunded if Government Restrictions prevent the ceremony from going ahead.
Ceremonies in the Noosa Shire
Noosa is known for its pristine beaches and breathtaking scenery which makes it the place to find the perfect ceremony site. Noosa is home to some of the most picturesque locations in Australia, from Hinterland wonders to world renowned foreshore sites: Noosa has it all. With over 75 approved sites there is something for everyone. Please ensure you read our 'things to consider' below prior to making a booking. A full list of ceremony sites including photos and maps can be viewed via our online booking system.
If you are looking to get married with the sand in your toes there are a number of 'on the beach' locations from Beach Access 12 to the Noosa River Mouth entrance, Little Cove Beach or East Coast Beaches (Sunshine to Peregian). Noosa Council issues permits for these locations however the flagged bathing areas must be kept clear. Noting that Noosa Main Beach from First Point to Access 11 is not available for ceremonies.
Please note there are a number of annual events which are held in the Main Beach precinct which will impact parking, access and availability. These events often have structures on the beach and use amplification, please check the Council Events Calendar and Tourism Noosa Website prior to booking to ensure you are aware of the impact these may have on your ceremony. All bookings are non-refundable.
If you are looking at a National Parks Venue within the Noosa Shire approval must be granted from Queensland Parks and Wildlife Service. National Park venues include: Noosa Lookout, Tea Tree Bay, Dolphin Point, Granite Bay, Fairy Pools, Hells Gate, Alexandra Bay, Devil's Kitchen and Laguna Lookout (Viewland Drive), Mt Tinbeerwah Lookout. QPWS can be contacted on 137468.
Things to consider
- How important is it that you have control of the area chosen? Other people may be in the area picnicking, playing or walking dogs. There may also be another ceremony both before and/or after your booking. (Your booking will ensure that there are no other bookings for the same time and in the same location. However, the approval does not guarantee exclusive use of the area and its facilities)
- Are there other events on in the Precinct? (Refer to the Noosa Council Events Calendar and/or Tourism Noosa Event Calendar for details and check event websites for further details (re Road Closures etc). Note Nippers on Main Beach October - March
- Can the official party and all your guests get to the area safely?
- Do you have elderly or mobility impaired guests?
- Is the area easily accessible for delivering equipment and setup? Vehicle access is not permitted into park or beach areas. Vehicles must be parked in designated car parking spaces.
- Do you have a wet weather alternative?
- The environment is our top priority and use of confetti or confetti items are prohibited - please ensure you read the terms and conditions of the booking for full details.
- Council keeps its parks and gardens tidy on a routine maintenance program. Council does not provide special mowing or servicing of the area. Council cannot control leaf or other debris from people using the area before your ceremony.
- Some areas are more exposed to the elements than others, for example, late afternoon winds along the coastal strip. The available space and ambience of beaches is also affected by high or low tides. Council recommends you check the local tide times.
Once the booking application is completed the selected venue will be tentatively held, a receipt will be emailed and approval notice will be sent within ten (10) working days. If there are any issues with your booking application council will contact you by telephone to discuss.
Please note that your booking is only confirmed once you have received an approved permit from council. Bookings can only be made up to 14 months in advance, you are only permitted to book one site in the shire on any particular day.
A non-refundable fee of $596.00 (GST free) is payable for Noosa Main Beach Foreshore - 3 hour permit (comprising Maison la Plage, Seahaven Grove, Sandcastles Grove, Casuarina Gardens, Hidden Grove and Laguna Grove only).
All other locations - 2 hour permit (which also includes Little Cove, First Point, Beach Access 11 and 14 and Noosa Woods) will incur a non-refundable fee of $251.50 (GST free).
Any amendments to a booking can be made online via the customer portal. Bookings which cannot be amended online will incur a fee of $33.50 per change.