Infringement Withdrawal Guidelines

If you have been issued a Prescribed Infringement Notice you may request a withdrawal of the infringement notice in certain circumstances.

What infringements do council issue?

Noosa Council issues infringements (known as fines) for incidents involving parking, animals, parks and reserves, signage and vegetation to name a few.

Why does Council issue infringements?

Council issues infringements in accordance with its local laws and state legislation to ensure the safety and wellbeing of Sunshine Coast residents and visitors.

How can I pay the infringement?

  • To pay by credit card please visit online Infringement Payment. You will require a postal address, contact telephone number and the infringement number. Note that credit card payments incur a 0.50% surcharge.
  • Post a cheque or money order to PO Box 141, Tewantin, QLD 4565, include the ticket or a copy.
  • Pay in person at any post office, within the accepted payment timeframe.

Can I request an infringement be withdrawn?

An infringement may only be withdrawn in the following circumstances:

  • Medical emergencies
  • Vehicle malfunction

Providing evidence and additional information with your request for a review:

To help council make an informed decision, all requests must be accompanied by supporting evidence.

Failure to supply supporting evidence at the time of the request will result in your appeal being dismissed.

Please include with the form (if applicable):

  • Photographs or diagrams;
  • Vehicle repair receipt;
  • 'Sold vehicle' statutory declaration (copy of transfer papers or receipt of sale must be provided);
  • 'Illegal use' statutory declaration (written advice or crime report from the Queensland Police Service must be provided);
  • Copies of permits or disabled permits not displayed at the time of the offence;
  • Copies of medical certificates or other proof to support your case;
  • If you were not the driver of the vehicle at the time of the offence, you will need to provide a statutory declaration indicating who the driver was at the time the infringement notice was issued including name and contact details of the driver.


For more information, or if you need assistance, please contact council's customer service centre.

Please note: Council's terms of use and the Privacy Act applies to all infringements.