Economic Development Grant
This Economic Development Grant Program is designed to support the delivery of projects that will have a positive impact on the local business environment and the local economy, and looks to encourage collaboration and partnerships between Council, business representative groups and the business community.
This Grants Program operates on a rolling basis and is not subject to closing dates and application deadlines. They remain open until the end of the financial year, or until all of the allocated funding has been distributed.
Pre-conditions to making a Grant Application:
- It is expected that you read the Economic Development Grants Policy and Economic Development Grant Guidelines before submitting your application.
- Contact the Economic Development Project Officer to check your eligibility and discuss the project prior to submitting an application. You can make contact by calling 5329 6500 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Projects funded under this grant program must support the delivery of the Economic Development Strategy through initiatives that will:
- Connect local businesses
- Builds business capacity & skills
- Promote small business activity in precincts
- Encourage business innovation & entrepreneurship
- Contribute to the ease of doing business
- Contributes to the development of the business ecosystem
- Enable partnerships and collaboration between businesses and/or organisations in the Noosa region
- Address a local workforce gap
- Assist in growing the reputation of Noosa as a preferred business location
- Contribute to the growth and development of existing and new industry to Noosa.
|Round opens||Open Now|
|Funding:||The minimum grant amount is $1000 and the maximum grant amount is $5000|
|Project period:||Projects must be complete within 12 months of approval|
|Announce results:||Applicants will be notified within 30 days of application|
|Acquittal due:||Within 30 days of project completion|
This Grant Program will close only when all grant funds allocated for that particular financial year are distributed
Guidelines and Forms
- Economic Development Grant Guidelines [513KB]
- Economic Development Grants Policy
- Economic Development Grant Sample Application Form
Former Grant Recipients
Council has awarded over $50,000 of Economic Development Grants for a wide range of projects that benefit the Noosa economy. Visit Grant Recipients for a list of previous recipients and projects.
Preparing your grant application
Data and Statistics are an important component of grant applications. Noosa specific data is available from id.economy at Data & Statistics and we encourage all applicants to include data that validates the case for a grant.
Other helpful information on grant writing is available at Grants Guidance
If a grant application is successful, the recipient is required to acknowledge Noosa Council's contribution to the activity that is being funded.
Acquitting your grant
All grant recipients are obligated to acquit grants on time. The due date for the acquittal is on the front page of the funding agreement. At the appropriate time, you will be asked to complete the acquittal.