Councillor Roles and Codes
Council is committed to being open, accountable and ethical. Councillors' conduct and performance must comply with the Local Government Act 2009 and the Code of Conduct for Councillors in Queensland.
The local government principles outlined in the Act are:
- transparent and effective processes
- decision making in the public interest
- sustainable development and management of assets and infrastructure
- delivery of effective services
- democratic representation
- social inclusion and meaningful community engagement
- ethical and legal behaviour of councillors and employees.
Queensland's Crime and Misconduct Commission published 'The Councillor Conduct Guide' in July 2013.
Councillors' Expenses Reimbursement Policy
In accordance with the Local Government Regulation 2012 Council has adopted a Councillors' Expenses Reimbursement Policy to set the parameters to authorise the payment of reasonable expenses incurred, or to be incurred, by Councillors; and to provide facilities to assist Councillors to discharge their duties and responsibilities.