Pest Survey Program
Council undertakes a Biosecurity Surveillance Program on urban and rural properties across the Shire in collaboration with landholders. This activity is in accordance with Section 235 of the Biosecurity Act 2014.
Scope and purpose of the pest surveys
The legislation allows council officers to enter properties throughout the Noosa region to monitor and enforce compliance under the Act as follows:
- monitor compliance with requirements about declared pests (plants and animals)
- map the distribution and spread of these species.
Council officers will promote to landowners best practice in the treatment of invasive plants and animals.
Survey locations and dates
The surveillance program consists of an annual inspection for the period of the current Council, that is 2016 to 2020.
The region is divided into four survey areas and a different area is surveyed each quarter. Inspections will be undertaken in each area at the following times:
- A. Survey Area 1: 1 July to 30 September for the localities of Cooroy, Cooroy Mountain, Tinbeerwah, Cooroibah and that part of Doonan that is within the Noosa Council boundary;
- B. Survey Area 2: 1 October – 31 December for the localities of Black Mountain, Federal, and those parts of Ridgewood and Eerwah Vale that are within the Noosa Council boundary;
- C. Survey Area 3: 1 January – 31 March for the localities of Kin Kin, Pinbarren, Cooran and that part of Como that is within the Noosa Council boundary; and
- D. Survey Area 4: 1 April – 30 June for the localities of Pomona, Lake MacDonald, Ringtail Creek, Cootharaba and Boreen Point.
Trapping and baiting programs
Council also undertakes a range of trapping and targeted poison baiting programs for the control of pest animals throughout the Shire.
Wild Dog Control Baiting Program
The next Wild Dog Baiting Program is scheduled to occur from 6 May - 20 May 2020.
All landowners with properties within 1.5km of the baiting properties will receive a notification letter and there will be warning signs on all road areas leading into the baiting property locations.
The wild dog baiting (1080) will occur on the following properties:
|468||Wahpunga Lane||KIN KIN||158MCH366|
|393||Sister Tree Creek Road||KIN KIN||162MCH367|
|5||Eastwell Lane||KIN KIN||9RP913595|
|23||Eastwell Lane||KIN KIN||10RP913595|
|137||Eastwell Lane||KIN KIN||11RP913595|
|106||Wahpunga Lane||KIN KIN||1321M37623|
|51||Jeremys Lane||KIN KIN||157MCH366|
|247||Eastern Branch Road||KIN KIN||2RP228124|
|237||Sheppersons Lane||KIN KIN||1MCH4368|
|63||Sheppersons Lane||KIN KIN||188MCH224|
|423||Top Forestry Road||RIDGEWOOD||2RP196433|
|224||Moran Group Road||RIDGEWOOD||19MCH3283|
|280||Dr Pages Road||COOTHARABA||4SP149484|
|455||Wahpunga Lane||KIN KIN||4RP215958|
|76||Honey Tree Lane||RIDGEWOOD||3RP229383|
|687||Coles Creek Road||COORAN||28SP219504|
|981||Louis Bazzo Drive||COOTHARABA||3SP241374|