Pest Survey Program
Council undertakes a Biosecurity Surveillance Program on urban and rural properties across the Shire in collaboration with landholders. This activity is in accordance with Section 235 of the Biosecurity Act 2014.
Scope and purpose of the pest surveys
The legislation allows council officers to enter properties throughout the Noosa region to monitor and enforce compliance under the Act as follows:
- monitor compliance with requirements about declared pests (plants and animals)
- map the distribution and spread of these species.
Council officers will promote to landowners best practice in the treatment of invasive plants and animals.
Survey locations and dates
The surveillance program consists of an annual inspection each year for the period of 1 July 2020 to 31 December 2024.
The region is divided into four survey areas with a different area surveyed each quarter. Inspections will be undertaken in each area at the following times:
- A. Survey Area 1: 1 July to 30 September each year until the end of 2024, for the localities of Cooroy, Cooroy Mountain, Tinbeerwah, Cooroibah and that part of Doonan that is within the Noosa Council boundary;
- B. Survey Area 2: 1 October – 31 December each year until the end of 2024, for the localities of Black Mountain, Federal, and those parts of Ridgewood and Eerwah Vale that are within the Noosa Council boundary;
- C. Survey Area 3: 1 January – 31 March each year until the end of 2024, for the localities of Kin Kin, Pinbarren, Cooran and that part of Como that is within the Noosa Council boundary; and
- D. Survey Area 4: 1 April – 30 June each year until the end of 2024, for the localities of Pomona, Lake MacDonald, Ringtail Creek, Cootharaba and Boreen Point.
Trapping and baiting programs
Council also undertakes a range of trapping and targeted poison baiting programs for the control of pest animals throughout the Shire.
Wild Dog Control Baiting Program
The next Wild Dog Baiting Program is scheduled to occur from 19 September - 10 October 2023.
All landowners with properties within 1.5km of the baiting properties will receive a notification letter and there will be warning signs on all road areas leading into the baiting property locations and at the entrance of the baiting properties.
The wild dog baiting (1080) will occur on the following properties:
|House Number||Street||Suburb||Lot Plan|
|706||Gympie Kin Kin Road||COMO||5SP129690|
|981||Louis Bazzo Dr||COOTHARABA||3SP241374|
|745||Louis Bazzo Dr||COOTHARABA||1SP100439|
|280||Dr Pages Rd||COOTHARABA||4SP149484|
|468||Wahpunga Lane||KIN KIN||158MCH366|
|5||Eastwell Lane||KIN KIN||9RP913595|
|23||Eastwell Lane||KIN KIN||10RP913595|
|137||Eastwell Lane||KIN KIN||11RP913595|
|106||Wahpunga Lane||KIN KIN||1321M37623|
|455||Wahpunga Lane||KIN KIN||4RP215958|
|325||Wahpunga Lane||KIN KIN||2RP219310|
|311||Wahpunga Lane||KIN KIN||1RP219310|
|143||Wahpunga Lane||KIN KIN||2RP28709|
|51||Jeremys Lane||KIN KIN||157MCH366|
|237||Sheppersons Lane||KIN KIN||1MCH4368|
|101||Sheppersons Lane||KIN KIN||2RP50225|
|900||Sheppersons Lane||KIN KIN||259MCH187|
|224||Moran Group Rd||KIN KIN||19MCH3283|
|225||Gympie Kin Kin Road||KIN KIN||3RP226349|
|452||Sister Tree Ck Rd||KIN KIN||2RP190098|
|227||Bunneys Lane||KIN KIN||400M371149|
|227A||Bunneys Lane||KIN KIN||3RP84244|
|365||Gympie Kin Kin Road||KIN KIN||2RP202439|
|339||Gympie Kin Kin Road||KIN KIN||2RP212327|
|29||Francis Rd||KIN KIN||261MCH923|
|687||Coles Ck Rd||COORAN||28SP219504|
|625||Coles Ck Rd||COORAN||217MCH227|
|226||Middle Ck Rd||FEDERAL||233MCH239|
|179||Middle Ck Rd||FEDERAL||232MCH239|
|268||Middle Ck Rd||FEDERAL||236MCH3685|
|302||Upper Pinbarren Ck Rd||PINBARREN||106MCH5|
|163||Upper Pinbarren Ck Rd||PINBARREN||58SP281564|
|235||Upper Pinbarren Ck Rd||PINBARREN||272MCH1145|
|237||Upper Pinbarren Ck Rd||PINBARREN||2SP281564|