Council Cabs and Flexilink
Council Cabs is an affordable transport service for:
- people aged 60 and over
- people with a disability, including people with a mobility impairment (DSP concession card holders)
- carers and minors of eligible people accompanying them (carers card or companion card holders).
If you are eligible for the service, Council Cabs will collect you from your home in the morning (from 8.30am, depending on passenger numbers) and drive you to your local shopping centre.
If you book a return trip you will be collected at around 11.30am. You will be picked up at the same location you were dropped off, and returned to your home address.
The service operates one day a week in selected areas. Please refer to the schedule below for service details.
Council Cabs Schedule
|Noosaville, Doonan||Noosa Civic, Tewantin or Wallace Drive Noosaville||Tuesday|
|Noosa Heads, Sunshine Beach, Sunrise Beach, Castaways Beach, Marcus Beach, Peregian Beach, Lake Weyba||Noosa Fair, Noosa Heads||Wednesday|
|Tinbeerwah, Tewantin, Cooroibah||Poinciana Avenue, Tewantin, Noosa Civic, Wallace Drive Noosaville||Wednesday|
|Cooroy, Federal, Black Mountain, Cooroy Mountain, Lake Macdonald||Emerald Street Cooroy||Thursday|
|Pomona, Cooran, Kin Kin||Memorial Avenue Pomona||Thursday|
Bookings and travel details
Bookings are essential. To book a Council Cab, call 1300 139 433 by 12.00pm the day before your trip.
Please advise the operator when you book if you have any special needs. This includes the use of walking frames or wheelchairs. If you have a hearing impairment you can book through the National Relay TTY Service on 13 36 77.
If you decide to cancel your booking please call 1300 139 433, preferably the day before. This allows another person from your community to use this service.
Print out the Council Cabs Fact Sheet [106KB] and keep it handy for your next booking and travel arrangements.
$2.00 per person per one-way trip.
Boreen Point - Tewantin Flexilink
Council operates a Flexilink trial service between Boreen Point and Tewantin. This service is designed to provide transport to people with limited transport options. The service is scheduled to connect with existing public transport services for onward journeys. It operates on a designated route on a pre-booked basis. A vehicle will not be sent if there are no bookings.
Provided a booking is made, the service runs three return trips per day, Monday to Saturday at a cost of $2.00 per single trip for adults and $1.00 per single trip for children or concession card holders.
Details of the route and service times can be in the Boreen Point to Tewantin information sheet [622KB].
Note: Bookings are essential. To book a Flexilink service call 1300 511 163.
The Community Transport Program is a Queensland Government initiative that supports people who have trouble accessing transport options to get around in their local community.
You may be eligible for the program if you:
- are under 65 years of age
- have no or limited access to other transport options, including public or private transport or transport funded through other funded/subsidised schemes
- are an unpaid carer, travelling in your role as a carer
- are not receiving transport services for the same or similar purpose under another government program, for example the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS), School Transport Assistance Scheme (STAS), Commonwealth Aged Care Programs (including CHSP and Aged Care Packages), or Queensland Health Patient Transport Services
For more information visit Community Transport