The Local Economic Plan for Noosa has been developed through a process of consultation and engagement with the community, and guided by a Project Focus Group.
The Local Economic Plan looks to support the development of:
- A more diverse local economy
- Growth in smart industry sectors
- A smart approach to planning
- Sustainability - the interdependence of the economy, the environment and the community.
- provides a policy statement that is easily understood and clearly explains the philosophy behind why we do what we do;
- is realistic, achievable and sufficiently resourced;
- is capable of evolving, and span a 5 year time frame;
- is market driven;
- clearly expresses Council’s role which includes facilitating, enabling, connecting, partnering and direct delivery;
- recognises innovation as a key driver of business growth;
- values education and a skilled and talented workforce and business community;
- recognises and maximises benefits from its Noosa Biosphere® status and;
- demonstrates best use of available resources.
View the Noosa Shire Local Economic Plan [12.7MB].
Visit – Local Economic Plan Community Consultation and the Project Focus Group for the process that was undertaken.