Skip to Content

Noosa Shire Council

Complaints Processes Complaints Processes

Council is committed to managing customer feedback and ensuring all complaints are dealt with in a fair, prompt and confidential manner. Council aspires to provide a level of service that does not attract complaints. However, Council acknowledges the public’s right to provide feedback on services, including the right to lodge a complaint about a decision or other action Council has taken, or failed to take, where considered appropriate to do so.

Administrative Action Complaints

Council has in place a formal "administrative action complaints process”, which provides customers with the opportunity to request a review of administrative decisions made by Council officers or Council where there are no other formal appeal provisions available under legislation or within Council. An administrative action may include a decision, or a failure to make a decision, a failure to provide a written statement of reasons for a decision, an act, a failure to do an act, the formulation of a proposal or intention, or the making of a recommendation.

This complaints process is not about raising a "request for service", these should be made directly to Council’s customer service team.

If you are dissatisfied with administrative action taken by Council, you are encouraged to contact Council in writing via:

  • email;
  • letter - PO Box 141, Tewantin, Queensland 4565.

Council’s Administrative Action Complaints Process can be viewed in full Administrative Action Complaints Process [320KB].

Complaints about a Councillor

Council's Code of Conduct for Councillors [50KB] sets out, for both Councillors and the community, the standards of behaviour expected of Noosa Council councillors.

Complaints about a Councillor’s conduct or behaviour must be made in writing to the Chief Executive Officer and include all evidence of the alleged breach of the Councillor Code of Conduct.

In accordance with the Local Government Act 2009, Council’s Chief Executive Officer will undertake a preliminary assessment of each complaint to decide whether the complaint:

  • Is about a frivolous matter or was made vexatiously in which no further action will be taken; or
  • Is about corrupt conduct to be dealt with in accordance with the Crime and Corruption Act 2001, or
  • Is about another matter such as inappropriate conduct or misconduct under the Councillor Code of Conduct to be dealt with in accordance with the Local Government Act 2009.

Councillor Complaints Register

Council's public disclosure record for Councillor Complaints is prepared in compliance with section 177 of the Local Government Act 2009. A copy of the record of complaint outcomes is available by visiting Council's Administrative Office, Pelican Street, Tewantin.

Issues with dogs

Issues or queries involving dogs and other animals can be submitted directly to council via the online service request.

Aggressive/menacing behaviour
General animal enquiry
Attack on an animal
Attack on a person
Dead animals on public land
Feral animals on public land
Registration enquiries

Withdrawal of an Infringement

An infringement notice may be withdrawn in certain circumstances. View here for further details.

Unsightly Property/Waste

Please complete a Request a Service online form if you would like to notify council about:

  • unsightly property;
  • overflowing waste bins;
  • or other local law matters.

Rates Category Objection

The general rates levied on a property where you live i.e. your principal place of residence (PPR) are different to the general rates levied on a residential property if you own it but don't live there. If you think the incorrect category has been applied to your property, read rates information for further details.

Development and Building Complaints

Noosa Shire Council provides a development compliance service to action enquiries, requests and complaints regarding:

  • illegal buildings/structures;
  • illegal activities/planning uses; or
  • swimming pools (illegal fencing).

To lodge a complaint, please provide details in writing and email/mail the complaint to Council. Please include the details of the complainant's name and address and full details of the complaint and the address. Please also include supporting photos.

  • email
  • letter - PO Box 141, Tewantin, Queensland 4565.
Please enter your name below to start chatting with a customer service officer