VendorPanel Marketplace is an online quoting and purchasing tool that Council purchasing staff will use to request and obtain quotes from businesses/suppliers online, and evaluate and accept quotes online.
VendorPanel Marketplace helps businesses/suppliers maximise their chances of securing work with Council.
In order to take advantage of the opportunities that VendorPanel Marketplace presents, suppliers/businesses must be registered so that Council staff can invite them to quote.
Why has Council decided to invest in VendorPanel Marketplace?
VendorPanel Marketplace offers Council and suppliers a standardised platform to seek and respond to quotations.
What does this mean for local businesses and suppliers?
VendorPanel Marketplace will make local businesses more visible to Council staff.
Council is encouraging local suppliers/businesses to register their business details on VendorPanel Marketplace.
Council purchasing staff will then have immediate access to a wide range of suppliers/businesses to approach for quotations on upcoming work.
When Council has the need for any products or services, staff will be able to search, nominate and invite local suppliers/businesses registered on the system.
What are the key features and benefits for Businesses and Suppliers?
Registering for VendorPanel Marketplace is completely free for suppliers/businesses. It means receiving timely quote requests from Council and being able to submit quotes quickly and easily
- VendorPanel Marketplace is easy to navigate
- No pre-qualification is necessary for businesses/suppliers to register on VendorPanel Marketplace
- Businesses and suppliers will be more visible and accessible to Council purchasing staff
- Businesses and suppliers will not have to spend as much time quoting
- It will be easier for businesses/suppliers to respond to a Council request for a quote
- VendorPanel Marketplace provides opportunities for businesses and suppliers to be visible to other councils and government entities within Australia that utilise VendorPanel Marketplace.
It is important to note that registering on VendorPanel Market place does not provide a guarantee of securing work with Council.
What are the key features and benefits for Council?
- Requests for quotes are coordinated within one central system
- Queries from suppliers/businesses are managed in one location
- Automated email notifications are provided to keep Council purchasing staff up-to-date
- Supplier/business performance feedback is collected
- Transparency is improved with real time reporting and more meaningful purchasing data
For Council, VendorPanel Marketplace provides a method of efficiently administering requests for quotation with complete transparency and compliance.
Why is category selection important during the registration process?
Local businesses and suppliers should register in all the categories that best represent the goods and/or services available to Council. This will help raise awareness with Council purchasing staff that a business/supplier exists in a particular category.
Businesses/suppliers are encouraged to register in more than one category if relevant to the goods and/or services they provide.
What if a business/supplier is an existing business/supplier on an established arrangement on VendorPanel, does that business/supplier still need to register?
Yes. The VendorPanel Marketplace will be used for quotations sought from businesses/suppliers where goods and/or services are not able to be sourced from an established arrangement.
Clause 8.1 & 8.2 of the Service Provider Agreement state that a fee may be charged; however Council states that registration is free. Will a fee be charged?
There is no charge to suppliers who register to the Marketplace environment and no ongoing fees to suppliers who register to Marketplace.
Clauses 8.1 and 8.2 provide VendorPanel Pty Ltd the right to charge suppliers if additional functionality is built into Marketplace in the future. Prior to suppliers gaining access to any additional functionality, suppliers will be advised if a fee is applicable.
How Do I register under more than one category?
Complete the following steps:
1. Visit the VendorPanel Marketplace website at the link below.
2. Click on the category and sub categories that best suit your business.
3. Enter the business name, email address and follow the screen prompts (ensuring that the email address is identical to the one used when initially setting up the account).
4. An email will be sent to the email address provided to confirm all details provided.
5. Click on the email and log into the business's profile.
6. Check that the additional categories have been added to the business profile.
What should a local business or supplier do?
Businesses and suppliers can register on VendorPanel Marketplace by completing the following simple steps:
1. Visit the VendorPanel Marketplace website at www.vendorpanel.com.au/marketplace
2. Choose the relevant business categories and enter contact details. The business/supplier will then be sent an invitation to join VendorPanel Marketplace
3. Complete a business profile (once registered, businesses/suppliers become visible to Council purchasing staff)
5. Council staff will send a request for quote to businesses/suppliers when relevant goods and services are required.
6. Businesses/suppliers will then have the opportunity to accept the request and submit a quotation response
7. Council then assess quotations and award work to the successful local business/supplier.
How can I get more information about VendorPanel Marketplace?
For more information on VendorPanel Marketplace please email Council’s Procurement team.
For general contract and tender enquiries please email Purchasing.
For queries relating to a specific tender currently open, please contact the listed project officer or place a forum post on the relevant LG TenderBox forum.
Please email Accounts Payable for all other enquiries.
See our list of current tenders out for response.
See our list of tenders awarded in the last 12 months.
See our list of Council policies for your additional information.