Noosa Council ensures the vegetation and animals in the shire are protected or managed by applying various programs and regulations:
- regulate vegetation removal of plants and trees from private land
- management flying fox programs
- support numerous rescue and rehabilitation wildlife carers in the region to assist with injured wildlife
- Council has developed a Koala Conservation Plan to help conserve the Shire's Koalas and protect their habitat
- undertakes a Biosecurity Surveillance Program on urban and rural properties across the Shire in collaboration with landholders
- manage a range of programs for the control of pest animals throughout the Shire using trapping and targeted poison baiting programs
- strategic actions and priorities for focussed weed and pest management.