The New Noosa Plan is the draft planning scheme that will replace the current Noosa Plan 2006.
It strives to protect the look and feel of Noosa while providing a blueprint to shape the shire’s growth over the next 20 years. The New Noosa Plan is the culmination of several years of engaging with the community. A discussion paper in October 2016 provided community feedback and that information has helped prepare the New Noosa Plan.
The New Noosa Plan will facilitate more housing and business choices, continue the place based approach of the existing planning scheme, future transport needs and opportunities for rural enterprises. It considers how we live, work and play in the future.
It sets the rules for development including new or changing land uses, subdivision, building works, landscaping and clearing of vegetation and all forms of engineering works.
As required by the State Government, the New Noosa Plan differs from the current Noosa Plan with changes to the structure, zones and land use definitions in particular.
The New Noosa Plan has undergone a rigorous review by the State Government to ensure it complies with the Planning Act 2016, State Planning Policies, South East Queensland Regional Plan and other State interests.
Now is your chance to review the New Noosa Plan and have your say. The draft planning scheme can be accessed using Council's ePlan ( refer to the User Guide to see how to navigate your way around the Plan.)
Written submissions are welcome up to Monday 20 May 2019, 5pm and may be submitted via this Your Say webpage, by email or post.
Council will consider submissions and make appropriate changes before sending it back to the State Government for a final review and sign-off from the Minister.
HOW TO HAVE YOUR SAY
- visit us at the Council’s pop-ups throughout the Shire in February / March 2019 - refer to Key Dates for times and locations
- visit us at Pelican Place - 3 Pelican St, Tewantin (2 doors down from main Council building) and chat with a Planner
- Call us direct on 07-5329 6360
- Make a submission using our online submission form on: yoursay.noosa.qld.gov.au/draft-new-noosa-plan
- email your submission to: firstname.lastname@example.org, or;
- post your submission to: Noosa Council PO Box 141, Tewantin, QLD 4565
- drop your submission off at a Library or our office at 3 Pelican St, Tewantin