The Noosa Sport and Active Recreation Plan
The Noosa Sport and Active Recreation Plan will provide an understanding of the current position and potential for future development of the local sport and active recreation sector from grass roots to elite participation, including administration and coaching. Additionally, the plan will identify key stakeholders (including Council) and how they can support the mechanisms that enable residents and visitors to fully participate in the sector as a provider or participant.
The Noosa Sport and Active Recreation Plan will provide a clear direction for the future development of the sport and active recreation sector in the Noosa Shire
A key outcome of the Plan will be how government, not-for-profit and commercial providers of activities in Noosa can better work together for the Noosa community.
Here is the Noosa Sport and Active Recreation Plan Project Brief [148KB].
To ensure the plan is evidenced-based, Council is seeking data and information from local not-for-profit sporting groups, commercial providers of sport or active recreation activities (see scope for definition of “active recreation”), State and Regional Sporting Organisations and Noosa residents and visitors.
Links to Surveys:
- Local not-for-profit sporting and active recreation organisations can assist the Plan by getting their committee to complete this survey.
- Commercial providers offering residents and visitors sport and/or active recreation activities can complete this survey.
- Members of the public can contribute to the plan in two ways. Firstly, by completing an online survey about your physical activity in Noosa, and secondly, by participating in the online forum on YourSay Noosa portal. Council staff will ‘pop-up’ in community spaces throughout January seeking your input and asking you to do the survey there and then - it only takes a couple of minutes.
October 2016 to March 2017: Background research, data collection, consultation.
- May 2017: Draft report for public comment
- June 2017: Final Report presented to Council
For more information please email our Community Development Officer.