Postcards from home
Postcards from Home (Isolation)
The impacts of COVID 19 and social distancing restrictions are having quite an impact on our daily lives. We are spending a lot more time at home - working at home, schooling at home, exercising at home and eating at home. We have seen unusual behaviour across the world - hoarding of toilet paper, grocery shortages, taking the bins out in funny costumes, community singing and dancing, neighbours looking after each other and nature reclaiming spaces.
Noosa Council is interested in how you are going in these 'unprecedented' times, so we have created a way for you to share your experiences in images and words.
Here is a step by step guide to how you can get involved:
- Get a Postcard (or two) - either download this Printable Template or to get them posted to you fill in this Form.
- Create an artwork on the blank front of the postcard - you can use any materials you have available to draw, paint, collage, print, stamp or write poetry. Themes to explore are:
- The view from your window - what can you see outside?
- What did you do today?
- How are you spending your days?
- What is important to you?
- Write a message on the back of the card. Ideas include:
- a message of hope for the future,
- an account of what you did that day,
- a note of explanation about your artwork, or
- an observation or something you experienced.
- Share your work in the gallery on this webpage - you can either scan or take a photos of the front and back of your postcard and then you Upload it here (Maximum size 5MB). Please allow a few working days for us to get your postcard to display in the gallery.
- Tell your friends! The more people that are involved the bigger and better this will be!