COVID Restrictions Easing - Guidelines for Businesses
Please see below some key information and links regarding the easing of COVID Restrictions from this Saturday, 16 May.
Are you a business that falls within the category of “restaurants, cafes, pubs, etc, or beauty therapy” and do you plan to re-open when COVID restrictions start to ease on Saturday 16 May? If the answer is yes, you will need to complete and display a COVID Safe Checklist.
As you may be aware, the State Government has announced a Roadmap for Easing Queensland’s Restrictions which provides a staged approach to COVID-19 recovery.
Stage 1 includes the re-opening of dining in at restaurants, cafes, pubs, etc, and beauty therapy from this weekend with a number of conditions. To assist those who are opening in Stage 1 this weekend, please find below State Government information to ensure a COVID safe opening.
Key Points for businesses re-opening this weekend
- You are required to complete and display the COVID Safe checklist (below) before trading once Stage 1 Easing of Restrictions commence on 11.59pm on 15 May 2020.
- These checklists tell you what you need to do if you are a business in the two categories (i.e. Restaurants, Cafes, etc and Beauty Therapy services) to be COVID Safe. The checklists from State Government include input resulting from consultation with key industry stakeholders.
- You must check that all Workplace Health Safety requirements for COVID 19 are also met. Information is available on the work health and safety guidelines.
- You must complete the Checklist to ensure you comply with essential health requirements to enable you to open and provide a safe environment for your customers and your staff.
- You must complete, sign and display the checklist in a prominent, visible location at your business premises.
- You are not required to submit this checklist to Queensland Health, however a relevant enforcement officer can check compliance at any time and/or may ask for a copy of the signed checklist.
- Your staff must complete mandatory COVID Safe mandatory training within two weeks of your business commencing. Staff that commence with your business after this two-week period must complete this training before commencing. The training program will be made available soon. Register for the training here. You will be notified once the training is online.
Source: Covid 19 website
COVID Safe Checklists
COVID Safe checklists are required for businesses that provide dining in for customers, such as restaurants, cafes, pubs, RSL's, clubs, and hotels (food courts remain closed) and beauty therapy services.
- COVID Safe Checklist for Restaurants, Cafes, Pubs, Clubs, and Hotels
- COVID Safe Checklist for Beauty Therapists and Nail Salons
The checklists address the following areas:
- Check that your business can re-open
- Wellbeing of workers
- Social distancing
- Record keeping
- Hygiene and cleaning
- Deliveries, contractors and visitors attending the premises
- Review and monitor
All businesses should be following the work health and safety guidelines.
Frequently Asked Questions about the COVID Safe Checklists and Plans
Council’s Environmental Health team, together with Economic Development, have been supporting businesses to understand and prepare for the implementation of the State government’s COVID-19 directives. We will continue to ‘walk alongside’ businesses as we work through the Easing of Restrictions.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to email Council or call Council’s Customer Service Centre on 5329 6500.
Remember, we are all in this together. Adherence to the rules will ensure a quicker road to normality and keep people safe.
Economic Development Manager