Business & Coronavirus Update - 9 April 2020
We’re sending this message to update our local business community on the latest local information relating to COVID-19. As we are in the lead up to Easter weekend, one of the busiest times in Noosa, we appreciate that many of our local businesses are continuing to be hit hard by this downturn. We encourage all of our community to prioritise their mental health and seek our support if needed during this time.
Other COVID-19 related business news include:
- A hold on evictions for lessees in commercial tenancies - The Federal Government has released a mandatory code of conduct setting out good faith principles for commercial tenancies which will be implemented and regulated by the states over the coming weeks. Evictions will be put on hold over the next 6 months for commercial and residential tenancies in financial distress and who are unable to meet their commitments due to the impact of the coronavirus. Read more
- Have you registered for the JobKeeper Payment? The JobKeeper Payment package legislation was passed in parliament last night. You can still register for the JobKeeper payment if your business has suffered a 30% or more drop in business since last year due to CV. The JobKeeper payment offers $1500 per employee to keep them employed during this time. Treasury’s Fact Sheets may answer some of your questions.
- Noosa Council Business Hotline – Business Mentors Noosa FREE hotline for is operating for businesses who would like generalised support and advice. Call 5430 6652 weekdays.
- Business Support Program - Noosa Council is offering FREE assistance for businesses during this time. A specialised panel of suppliers is available in the following specialties – Marketing, Innovation, HR and Business Continuity - to support and assist your business to adapt to these new business conditions.
- A Shop Local Noosa website directory has been developed to support the distribution of local food in Noosa. Local food and beverage producers are encouraged to apply for their FREE business listing.
- Please don’t take holiday bookings - Accommodation providers and AirBNB operators are being asked not to take holiday bookings and Queenslanders are being discouraged to travel. Fines are being issued for operators who are not adhering to these restrictions. More information here
- Noosa Main Beach carpark, Claude Batten Drive and Noosa National Park carpark will be closed over the Easter weekend to reduce the chance of gatherings. Media release
- COVID-19 Business Assistance Finder - If you’re not sure what your business is eligible for, the Queensland Government has released a an online tool to discover what support is available for your type and size of business. It will be expanded shortly to include Federal Government assistance as well.
- Please visit our Community Support and Services information available here which provide a range of services and support for our community during this time.
Thank you to everyone for abiding by the physical distancing regulations. Our collective actions are moving the curve in the right direction.
Wishing you all a safe and healthy Easter.
Director, Environment & Sustainable Development
Noosa Shire Council