Recent Grants, Network and Nibbles Night
The Grants, Network and Nibbles Night (GNNN) was held 13 July at The J.
We focused on how to ‘Get Grant Ready’, with short helpful presentations on Strategy, Preparation, Searching and Writing Grants. Plus, as usual, we had some great local organisations giving their quick-fire presentations on what they offer your community group for free.
Here are the presentations:
- Noosa Council - Get strategic about your funding [224KB]
- Noosa Council - Searching and preparing for grants [232KB]
- Noosa Council - Writing grant applications [509KB]
- Unitywater - Community Sponsorship Program [638KB] - opens Aug 2017
- The Social Deck - Measuring and communicating social impact [1339KB]
- Noosa News - Advertising vs Editorial [121KB]
- Qld Dept National Park, Sport and Racing - Get in the Game [694KB]
We can help you
Searching for grant opportunities can seem like a daunting task but it is well worth the investment of time and effort.
Noosa Council not only provides a range of grants to meet identified community needs but also can provide advice to non-profit organisations on a wide range of funding and grant opportunities.
For assistance contact the Community Development team via Council's customer service centre on (07) 5329 6500 or email grants.
The websites below are a good place to start searching for grant opportunities:
- GrantReady search for Community or Business Grants
- Australia Arts Council grants
- Government Grants Qld Community
- Government Grants Qld Business
- Latest Indigo Gold Grant List [1427KB]
- QCOSS Grant List
Grants closing soon:
- Strong and Resilient Communities - 2 grants. Close 23 Aug 2pm - up to $150,000.
- Community Resilience Grants
AIM: Community Resilience grants aim to build strong, resilient and cohesive communities to help make Australia more secure and harmonious as a whole. This will be done through providing grants designed to address issues in communities that show potential for or early signs of low social cohesion, and/or racial, religious or cultural intolerance.
- Inclusive Communities Grants
AIM: Inclusive Communities grants aim to increase the social and economic participation of vulnerable and disadvantaged individuals and families within their communities and enhance their life time wellbeing and sense of community belonging.
- Community Resilience Grants
- Gambling Community Benefit Fund - Closing dates: 28 February, 31 May, 31 August and 30 November
- Domino's Give for Good Grant – closes 25 August
- The Honda Foundation – closes 11 August
- ANZ Seeds of Renewal Program Grants – closes 4 August - community groups can apply for a funding grant or for IT equipment.
- Social Investment Grants Program – closes 4 August - aimed at building resilience and capability for people experiencing homelessness or domestic and family violence.
- June Canavan Foundation Closes 3 August - 11:45am - grants to organisations which support our mission of driving sustainable change through programs in sport, education, health and conservation.
- Nomination for HESTA Community Sector Awards close 1 August. Categories: Unsung Hero, Outstanding Organisation, Social Impact
- Multicultural events grant - closing 29 Aug - Celebrating Multicultural Queensland Grants program.
- Sports Grants Open NOW! - Guidelines and application materials are now available for Round 6 of Get Going Clubs and Get Playing Places and Spaces funding programs which close 11 August, 2017. Read through the program information and planning materials then register your organisation in the new Grant Registration Portal. The local Sport & Rec is waiting for your call to help you - 07 5459 6176.
- Coming soon: Female (sporting) Facilities Fund will aim to make sports amenities female friendly.
- Queensland Destination Events Program - open July-Oct 2017.
- June Canavan Foundation - closes 1 August.
- Arrow Energy Community Funding Grants – closes September.
Presentations from the last Grants Network and Nibbles night.
Recently Council held the second of its popular Grants, Network and Nibbles nights. The presentations given by organisations that offer grants and free infrastructure and services to NFPs are:
- Bendigo Bank - QLD [605KB]
- My Sunshine Coast [565KB]
- Noosa Council - Community Project RADF Grant [145KB]
- Noosa Council - Reducing Waste [955KB]
- Noosa Today [510KB]
- Sport and Recreation [200KB]
- Suez [625KB]
- The June Canavan Foundation [235KB]
- Tourism Noosa [245KB]
- Unitywater [900KB]
'An auspicing body is an incorporated organisation and enables a non-incorporated group to apply for funding and grants. This means that the auspicing organisation receives the money on behalf of the unincorporated group and is responsible for making sure the project is completed and the money is accounted for (acquitted).' says Queensland Council of Social Service.