The Kerbside Collection was held in April 2017. The next collection date has not yet been released.
Please read the 2017 Kerbside Collection brochure here for information about what will be collected and how to segregate your waste items. Note:
- garden waste will not be collected,
- collection is mid-week, not on weekends, and
- mattress collection must be arranged through Cleanaway by phoning 13 1339 the week prior to collection.
Council's kerbside bulk rubbish collection is for private houses and unit complexes only, and Council will not collect from commercial operators. Limitations will apply – a maximum of three cubic metres per property, or unit complex.
The collection will be completed during the week and not collected on weekends, so items will need to be placed on the kerbside prior to the Monday of the collection week. The collection will happen at different times for different items, i.e. steel will be collected one day, reuseable items on other day etc. All items should be collected in the relevant area by the Friday.
Garden waste will not be accepted.This includes garden prunings or cuttings. For more information about these items please see our garden bin waste service.
Collection is ideal for bulky items such as:
- discarded white goods,
- electronic equipment generally used in households
- mattresses - contact Cleanaway 13 1339 to arrange collection by Wednesday the week before your collection week commences. Cost is $20 per mattress.
All items of rubbish:
- Must be capable of being loaded by two employees; large items should be reduced in size
- Loose (small) rubbish items must be boxed
- Place items on the footpath edge (not in the gutter) where waste and recycle bins are usually placed, on the Sunday before the collection week of your area.
What the collection will not accept
| || |