The Kerbside Collection 2018 will commence in July and will take 7-8 weeks to complete across the shire.
Council requests that residents do not put their waste bulky items out for collection until one day before the date of collection for their suburb. These dates will be finalized and published here soon. Remember to only put out items approved for collection and segregate these items appropriately - see below.
- garden waste will not be collected,
- collection is Monday to Friday, not on weekends, and
- mattress collection must be arranged through Cleanaway by phoning 13 1339 the week prior to collection.
Council's kerbside bulk rubbish collection is for private houses and units only, and Council will not collect from commercial operators. A maximum of three cubic metres per property, or unit complex will be collected.
The collection will be completed Monday to Friday and not collected on weekends, so items will need to be placed on the kerbside prior to the Monday of the collection week. The collection will happen at different times for different items, i.e. steel will be collected one day, reuseable items on other day etc. All items should be collected in the relevant area by the Friday.
Garden waste will not be accepted. This includes garden prunings or cuttings. For more information about these items please see Council's garden bin waste service.
Collection is ideal for bulky items,that are segregated/grouped according to the materials they are made from, such as:
- discarded white goods,
- electronic equipment generally used in households
- mattresses - contact Cleanaway 13 1339 to arrange collection by Wednesday the week before your collection week commences. Cost is $20 per mattress.
All items of rubbish:
- Must be capable of being loaded by two employees; large items should be reduced in size
- Loose (small) rubbish items must be boxed
- Place items on the footpath edge (not in the gutter) where waste and recycle bins are usually placed, on the Sunday before the collection week of your area.
What the collection will not accept
| || |