'Get Out Get Active' is a series of programs aimed at encouraging inactive people to become involved in physical activity. Noosa Council has offered four programs in this series including:
- Active Mums – for those with children aged 0-5, wanting to get back into exercise
- Active Women - for younger women (18-24 years)
- Active Women- 40+ years
- Active Teens – for teenagers (13 - 17 years) wanting to get more involved in exercise
Active Mums Noosa is a program that is designed encourage more mums to get involved in regular physical activity, plus increase the number of opportunities in the local community to do this.
By joining up, participants gain access to all Active Mums classes for $9.95 per week (direct debited fortnightly) at the Noosa Leisure Centre and Noosa Aquatic Centre.
Child-friendly classes and a crèche service are available for most classes. To be eligible, participants must have a child aged between 0-5 years. For more details on Active Mums classes and memberships please email or call the Noosa Leisure Centre on (07) 5329 6550.
Free Core Foundation Class
A total of 10 free Core Foundation classes are available to all mums (no need to be a member). The Core Foundation Classes are strongly recommended for all recent mums or mums who have not exercised for a while.
Classes are specially designed to help mums re-establish their core muscle function after childbirth. They ensure that the pelvic floor, abdominals and gluteal muscles are strong enough to stabilise the spine and joints before advancing into the program, therefore reducing the chance of injury.They include both cardio and resistance training in each session and are progressive - based on the individual participant’s strength.
- Thursdays 9am – 10am
- Cost: Free (each mum can complete a series of 10 classes once)
- Noosa Leisure Centre, Wallace Drive, Noosaville
- Crèche available
Email Noosa Leisure Centre for further information or call (07) 5329 6550.
Active Women (18-24 years & 40+ years)
The Noosa Active Women Programs (18-24 years & 40+ years) have ended. Thank you to all the activity providers and participants for contributing to the success of the programs. Noosa Council is seeking feedback from program participants on the Active Women Programs (both 18-24 years and 40+ years).
Please click here to fill out the Active Women Participant Feedback Survey
If you are interested in taking part as a participant or as an activity provider for any of Council's future programs, please check Your Say Noosa for announcements of other upcoming programs.For information on current sessions being offered by Active Women activity providers, please contact providers directly:
Active (40+ years) Women Providers:
- Franks Gym | 5447 3040 |Noosa Junction
- Kayak Noosa |Stand Up Paddle | Erica and Tracey 0448 567 321 | Noosaville
- Kylie Dawson Yoga | Kylie Dawson 0413 312 526 | Cooroy
- Morganics Seasonal Fitness (outdoor group fitness) | Lisa Morgan 0410 820 525 | Noosaville
Active Women (18-24 years) Providers:
- Yoga - The Yoga Circle | Alix 0478 823 428 | Noosaville
- Gym - Noosa Springs Golf & Spa Resort | Paul on 5440 3365 | Noosa Heads)
- Martial arts - CAZA Brazilian Jiu Jitsu | Cheyne and Koshi 0478 106 870 | Noosa Heads
The Active Women (18-24 years) program ran for 12 weeks and finished on 2nd June.The Active Women (40+ years) program ran for 8 weeks from 16th April and finished on 9th June. Both cost participants only $5 per class. The Queensland Government provided a $10,040 grant to the Noosa Active Women Program to encourage women and girls to get active for life. Council provided an additional $4,950 to the program.
The Noosa Active Teens (13-17 years) Program ran from 19th March to 16th June, 2018. Thank you to the activity providers and participants who contributed to the success of the Active Teens Program. Council is seeking feedback from participants about their experience in the Program.
Click here to take the post-program Active Teens Feedback Survey
Please check back on Your Say Noosa for announcements of any future programs being run by Noosa Council. For details about any current programs that activity providers are continuing to run for Teens, please contact providers directly.
Active Teens activity Providers:
- Boxing -Impact Boxing Academy. Contact Mark Evans at firstname.lastname@example.org. Phone: 0403 264 048
- Gym - E-Fitness. Contact Erin Yarwood email@example.com Phone 0423 905 744
- Jiu-Jitsu (Self Defence Program)-Caza Brazilian Jiu Jitsu. Contact Yoshinori (Yoshi) Hasegawa or Cheyne Douglas at firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: 0478 106 870
- Mountain Biking- Noosa Cycling. Contact Roger Newton at email@example.com Phone:0418 336 785
- Stand Up Paddle- Noosa Stand Up Paddle. Contact James Howard-Clarke on firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: 0423 869 962
- Surfing (Learn to Surf)- Surfdancer. Contact Kristy Quirk at email@example.com Phone: 0439 803 270
- Yoga-Om On Yoga. Contact Alix Tinkler or Emily Curtis firstname.lastname@example.org