Give a sheet for the planet - Linen and Clothing Collection
Clean out your cupboards and drawers, the linen and clothing collection drive is back! To celebrate World Environment Day, Noosa Council is partnering with Blocktexx, Vinnies and Sunshine Coast Counci
All linen collected will be broken down into recyclable materials by Blocktexx and used by Australian manufacturers to create a range of new products.
Clean clothing in good sellable condition will be collected and resold by St Vincent de Paul stores.
Over 1 million tonnes of textiles end up in landfill every year and that’s just Australia! On average, an Australian household has around 20kg of old and worn linen.
For every kilo of unwanted textile waste processed by Blocktexx, 30kgs of CO2 emissions is avoided. If we fill a truck load, 10 tonnes of textile waste will be diverted from landfill, removing carbon emissions equivalent to taking 65 cars off the road for a year. We are inviting you to clean out our robes to clean up the globe on Sunday, 11 June.
Sign up to our Facebook Event here
How to Give a Sheet for the Planet
Please pack clean linen and clothes into separate bags.
- Kitchen linens include: tea towels, hand towels, table cloths and napkins
- Bed linen items include: bed sheets flat and fitted, doona covers, pillow cases and bed spreads
- Bathroom items include: towels, face cloths and bath sheets
- Wool and acrylic items (blankets, throws and cushion covers)
- Waterproof items (mattress protectors, waterproof sheets, plastic coated aprons, plastic coated tablecloths)
- Insert items (duvets, doonas, quilts and pillows)
- Heat resistant items containing foam (ironing board covers, over gloves).
Tewantin State School
Goodwin Street, off Cullinane Street, Tewantin
Chancellor State College
Secondary Campus, Sippy Downs Drive, Sippy Downs
Find out more about BlockTexx: https://www.blocktexx.com/