Listed below are the council-owned and operated centres that can be activated across the region at short notice.
These centres will be opened as required depending on the location and type of emergency or disaster.
In the event of an emergency, it may be necessary for council to open one or more evacuation centres.
- If you are directed to evacuate, you will be advised by local radio and television which centres are open.
- You cannot take alcohol or weapons to an evacuation centre but you can take domestic pets.
- Before going to an evacuation centre, you should seek refuge with family or friends.
- Evacuation centres should only be used if you have nowhere else to go.
- Evacuation centres are not ‘cyclone shelters' and are not designed to protect against high winds or windborne debris.
- You will be requested to register with the Red Cross at the nearest open evacuation centre. This information is provided to the National Registration and Inquiry System for concerned families and friends.
- Do not go to any evacuation centre unless officially advised.
There are currently no evacuation centres open in the Noosa Area.
|Cooran||Cooran Memorial School of Arts King St (under review)||CLOSED|
|Cooroy||Cooroy Library - Maple Street, Cooroy |
Cooroy Sports Complex (not suitable for flood events)
|Kin Kin||Kin Kin School of Arts Hall & Fire Brigade |
Kin Kin Sport & Recreation Facility (not suitable for flood events)
|Noosaville||Leisure Centre - Wallace Park Precinct, Wallace Drive, Noosaville |
Christian Outreach Centre - Eumundi Road, Noosaville
|Noosa Heads||The J - 60 Noosa Drive, Noosa Heads||CLOSED|
|Peregian Beach||Peregian Beach Community House - David Low Way, Peregian Beach||CLOSED|
|Pomona||Pomona School of Arts Hall & Community House Precinct - Memorial Avenue, Pomona |
Pomona Showgrounds - 20 Exhibition Street, Pomona
|Sunshine Beach|| |
Bicentennial Hall - Bicentennial Drive, Sunshine Beach
Tinbeerwah Hall - Cooroy Noosa Road, Tinbeerwah (not suitable for fire events)