Skip to Content

Noosa Shire Council

Discounts and Concessions Discounts and Concessions

Council offers a number of options to help you pay your rates:

  • early payment discount
  • pensioner concession.

Rates payment discount

If you pay your rates by the due date you will get a 5% discount on your general rate, up to a maximum of $100 for each half year.

If you want to apply for the discount on a late payment, you will need to put in a request in writing. Council will consider approving these requests depending on the situation.

For more information on the type of circumstances council will consider, please refer to section 2.3.3 of the Revenue Statement [1.6MB].

When making an application, you should:

  1. pay the rates as shown on the rate notice
  2. submit a Discount on Late Rate Payments request online
  3. attach any supporting documents.

Council pensioner concessions (discounts)

All holders of a Queensland Pension Concession Card or a Veteran Affairs Gold Card are entitled to a council concession on their principal place of residence. To be eligible you must have owned property in the Noosa region for the preceding three years or at least five out of the last ten years. (Note: Senior card holders are not eligible.)

The four categories of pensioner concessions are listed below:

Pension rate Sole title to the property Joint title to the property

Maximum level of pension

$115 per half year

$90 per half year

Not maximum level of pension $57.50 per half year $32.50 per half year


How to apply for a pensioner concession

To make an application for a pensioner concession, please complete Pensioner Rebate[123KB] form.

Return the form in person to council's office. A staff member will witness your signature and sight your pension card.

Alternatively, you can send the form to council by:

  • Post: Noosa Shire Council
             PO Box 141
             Tewantin  QLD  4565
  • Email: Scan and email to .

Please note: If you wish to post or email your pensioner rebate form:

  • The application must be signed by the applicant and witnessed by a Justice of the Peace.
  • A verified copy of your concession card must be included with this application.
  • Valid concession cards include either:
    • Queensland Pensioner Concessions Card issued by Centrelink or the Department of Veteran Affairs
    • Veterans' Affairs Repatriation Health Gold Card issued by the Department of Veteran Affairs.

See Section 2.4 of council's Revenue Statement [1.6MB] for full details of council's Pensioner Concession Policy.