Go Noosa Schools
Go Noosa Schools is a voluntary travel behaviour change program that encourages school children and their parents/carers to walk, cycle, scoot, skateboard, catch the bus or carpool to school.
Benefits of the Program
Council are currently trialling the new look, Go Noosa Schools program at the Noosaville schools precinct. Noosaville State School and St Teresa’s Catholic College are currently working closely with Council to develop their tailored Active Travel School Plans.
Walking, Wheeling, Wednesdays
It's a date, every Wednesday why not park the car 500m-1km away from school and walk, ride a bike or hop on a scooter for the last part of the journey. It reduces the number of cars around the school, and it's a fun and healthy way to start the day.
Walk and Ride to School Maps
Things to consider when using the Go Noosa Schools walk and ride maps:
- Asses your own skills and the skills of your children before walking or riding to school and practice your journey to school.
- The routes shown on these maps are suggested only.
- Walk and ride routes to school are not supervised events, parents/carers are responsible for their children’s safety while using such routes.
- The maps are intended to provide information on Active School Travel.
- The locations of symbols on the map are indicative only.
- The inclusion or omission of any service, facility or business in this guide is not to be construed as Council endorsing or promoting a service, facility or business above any other.
- Each time you use a suggested route, you are responsible for looking out for and considering any changes to the environment, including but not limited to construction or footpath works, which would make using the route unsafe.
While Council has taken care and consideration in mapping the suggested routes, you are ultimately responsible for your own and your children’s safety while using such routes.
For more information about the Go Noosa Schools program, contact Noosa Council's Project Officer at: GoNoosa@noosa.qld.gov.au or call Noosa Council on 5329 6500.