Noosa Council in collaboration with the community is trialling a number of traffic and transport initiatives over the busy Christmas holidays (14 December 2019 - 27 January 2020). "Go Noosa" aims to provide a relaxed and fun travelling experience for locals and visitors.
- Frequently Asked Questions [1.4MB]
Please provide your feedback on the trials by completing the online survey and go in the draw to win a $40 Visa gift card.
Noosa Council, in partnership with TransLink, are providing FREE public transport on the following buses:
- Route 626 Tewantin to Sunrise Beach via Noosa Heads
- Route 627 Tewantin to Sunshine Beach via Noosa Heads
- Route 628 Noosa Parklands to Noosa Junction via Noosa Civic
- Route 629 Tewantin to Noosa Junction via Noosa Civic
- Route 632 Noosa to Cooran via Cooroy and Pomona
- Temporary Route 064 Peregian Beach to Noosa Heads
- Temporary Route 065 Go Noosa Loop [984KB]
Go Noosa App
Everything you need to know about getting around Noosa Heads is in the Go Noosa App. The App includes real time information on when the next free bus is due, car parking availability and congestion levels, as well as scooter and bicycle parking, bike paths and walking tracks.
Download the Go Noosa App free from the App Store and Google Play (Note some App features will only be live in early December)
The Go Noosa trials are funded by Noosa Council's Sustainable Transport Levy.
For route and timetable information download the Go Noosa App or the MyTransLink App or visit TransLink Journey Planner or phone 13 12 30.
Check timetables, most free services (other than the Go Noosa Loop) terminate before 7:30pm.
The Go Noosa Loop service will operate approximately every 15 minutes (subject to traffic congestion) from 7am to 7pm and every 30 minutes between 7pm to 10pm.
Free buses will operate to a week-end timetable on most public holidays with the exception of Christmas Day when there are no free buses and limited paid services.
To view car parking availability in the Hastings Street precinct download the Go Noosa App.
Over the busy Christmas holidays, there is high demand for car parking in the Hastings Street precinct, anticipate traffic delays, at times, in this area. Consider accessing the area by catching a free bus.
- Park anywhere along the free bus routes and hop on a free bus (normal car parking restrictions apply).
- Park at the Noosa AFL grounds*, 149 Weyba Road and hop on the Go Noosa Loop to access Noosaville Foreshore, Noosa Parade, Hastings Street and Noosa Junction
- Park and walk or catch a free bus from Noosa Junction*.
- 2 minute drop-off zone at Hastings Street Bus Interchange.
- The Noosa Heads Lions Park recreational park area will be open for paid parking at $20/day on the following dates:
- 14-15 December, 2019
- 21-22 December, 2019
- 26 December, 2019 - 12 January, 2020
- 18-19 January, 2020
- 25, 26 & 27 January, 2020
- To preserve Noosa Heads Lions Park, car parking will be closed in wet weather or if the grounds are saturated. The car park will be operated by the Tewantin-Noosa Lions club with 50% of the revenue going towards their charitable work and the remaining funds to go towards Go Noosa Initiatives.
*Car parking availability may vary on Sunday. The Noosa Farmers Market is located at the Noosa AFL grounds every Sunday from 5am – midday. The J carpark is utilised for church services every Sunday at 8:30am, 10:30am and 5:30pm.
The role of the traffic controllers is to give priority to buses and pedestrians where possible as well as improve the overall flow of traffic. This is a trial and will provide valuable information to inform the future use of traffic control and infrastructure needs.
View insights from the 2018/19 Go Noosa Trials [590KB].