Local Economic Plan
Local Economic Plan 2016
The Local Economic Plan for Noosa was developed through a process of consultation and engagement with the community and guided by a Project Focus Group.
The Local Economic Plan looks to support the development of:
- A more diverse local economy
- Growth in smart industry sectors
- A smart approach to planning
- Sustainability - the interdependence of the economy, the environment and the community.
- provides a policy statement that is easily understood and clearly explains the philosophy behind why we do what we do;
- is realistic, achievable and sufficiently resourced;
- is capable of evolving, and spans a 5 year time frame;
- is market driven;
- clearly expresses Council’s role which includes facilitating, enabling, connecting, partnering and direct delivery;
- recognises innovation as a key driver of business growth
Local Economic Plan Review 2021
The Local Economic Plan is currently being reviewed and a new Economic Development Strategy is being prepared. You can read the Discussion Paper which outlines the direction of the revised Economic Development Strategy here
You can read the Discussion Paper and provide feedback at Your Say Noosa from Monday August 16.
- values education and a skilled and talented workforce and business community;
- recognises and maximises benefits from its Noosa Biosphere® status and;
- demonstrates best use of available resources.
View the Noosa Shire Local Economic Plan [2.6MB].
Interested in how the Local Economic Plan is progressing? View the Local Economic Plan scorecard.