Council endeavours to promote relevant and helpful events from local, state and federal government agencies and from local, not-for-profit business groups to foster business development. It also sometimes partners with agencies to deliver events helpful to local businesses.
Looking for a venue for training, a conference, a group meeting? Take a look at theNoosa Venues information booklet compiled by Tourism Noosa.
Grants for Growth
Are you a local business or community group which is looking to secure government funding? Regional Development Australia is hosting a free workshop which aims to connect local businesses and community groups with competitive government grant and funding opportunities. RDA CEO Paul Fisher will lead a panel discussion on how to prepare a cost benefit analysis for infrastructure and community projects seeking government funding.
Event: Top 3 Tips on how to Prepare a Competitive Cost Benefit Analysis
Date: Thursday 7 February
Time: 8.30am - 10.00am
Venue: Maroochy RSL Events Centre
For more information and to register, visit Grants for Growth
Meet the Makers - Food and Agribusiness Network (FAN) event
Expressions of Interest are now open for industry members to showcase their product at a Meet the Makers Food event on Monday March 11, 2019. Details are:
FAN will be inviting retail and foodservice buyers and will provide an e-invite for participating businesses to also invite buyers.
To register your interest please email Nicole@foodagribusiness.org.au
Growth from Innovation Workshop
- innovation as a value-generating process
- what makes an innovation system effective
- where in your business you might generate value
- the pros and cons of different strategies
- how to lead an innovation-focused team
- exploring new ideas while keeping your current business going
Sunshine Coast Business Awards 2018
Congratulations to all the winners of this year's Awards. Winners were announced at a Gala event at Twin Waters on November 17. Congratulations to local businesses who won in their category:
- Laguna Pest Control - Retail, Large Business
- RACV Noosa Resort - Accommodation, Large Business
- Australian Body Art Festival - Festival & Events, Small Business
- Noosa Food & Wine - Festivals & Events, Large Business
- iExpedition - Tours & Transfer, Small Business
- Icecream Curls - Hospitality, Small Business
- Zenko Yoga - Health & Wellness, Large Business
For more information and a complete list of winners, visit: Sunshine Coast Business Awards
Media Release: Tapping global growth in online sales
Tax deductions for small business owners
Tax time is here. Take a look at the business.gov.au website for information on what deductions small businesses can claim.
Webinars are a great way to learn and upskill - all without leaving the house!
Looking for a wide range of business training? Browse the listing of available webinars on the business.gov.au website.
The Federal Government's business.gov.au website has useful tools and information to assist business owners to establish a business and to effectively plan for success.
Additional Business Event Information
There are a number of online resources that are freely available to assist businesses:
- The Queensland Government's business and industry portal is an online resource for business people. With information on a broad range of business-related topics from starting out, business planning, researching grant opportunities to employment obligations.
The strategic direction of the Department of State Development is to deliver Queensland's economic prosperity by championing the interests of business and industry. The business events and grants information on the website may be very useful for business owners and operators.
Check the QLD Government Business Events Calendar for events hosted in Noosa Shire and across the region.