Council endeavours to promote relevant and helpful events from local, state and federal government agencies and from local, not-for-profit business groups to foster business development. It also sometimes partners with agencies to deliver events helpful to local businesses.
Local Venues Map
Looking for a venue for training, a conference or a group meeting? Take a look at the interactive map with photos and locations of commercial venues. Tourism Noosa has also compiled aVenues for Training Sessions, Conferences and Group Meetings booklet (PDF).
Peregian Digital Hub Meetups
- REBOOT is for digital agencies and creative professionals based in the Noosa area who provide online marketing, web/app development, content creation or related services. The members meet at the Hub on the second Tuesday of each month.
- Coding from Beach is a group for geeks who meet on the first Thursday of each month to share and learn about programming, making and hacking on hardware.
- Sunshine Coast Screen Meetup is for the many talented visual storytelling creatives living on the Sunshine Coast who are involved in film, tv, video, photography or related services. The group meets at the Hub on the first Monday of each month.
- NoosaCrypto is an industry group for blockchain and cryptocurrency professionals and technologists in the Noosa area. The group which has around 160 members, meets on the first Wednesday of each month at the Hub.
- The Sunshine Coast Producer Group is designed for local house producers and DJs based on the Sunshine Coast. It’s an opportunity to get to know each other, and learn and share with other industry professionals. The group meets on the second Thursday of each month.
Venue: Peregian Digital Hub
Find out about more at Peregian Digital Hub
Retail Leaders Seminar
Tourism Noosa has partnered with Brian Walker, CEO of The Retail Doctor Group, to host a seminar designed for Noosa retailers. He will share insights and tools to help you enahnce your business.
Date: Monday 18 November
Time: 8.30 - 11.00am
Register: Email Tourism Noosa
How to Actually Start Your Business
The Refinery presents Kaylene Langford of Startup Creative at The MET for an evening of practical step-by-step advice on how to start a business.
Date: Wednesday 27 November 2019
Time: 6:00pm – 8:30pm
Venue: The MET - entry via 42 Maud St, Maroocydore 4558
Pitch Your Business to 100 New Clients
Business speed networking is a great opportunity to showcase your services/products to the Noosa business community, collaborate and chat to other local business owners, inspiring people and experienced mentors to build relationships and empower your business thinking.
The format allows for each attendee to pitch their business using the Elevator Pitch approach to all attendees.
It is a fun and exciting evening, each participant will get to pitch to and hear the pitch from all 80 - 100 attendees.
There will be time for drinks, nibbles and more networking.
Date: Thursday 21 November 2019
Time: 6:00pm – 9:00pm
Venue: The J, 60 Noosa Drive, Noosa Heads QLD 4567
Free information sessions by the ATO
Record keeping (not GST registered)
Tuesday 19 November
Nambour Community Centre, 2 Shearer Street,
Employer Essentials - Nambour
Tuesday 3 December
Nambour Community Centre, 2 Shearer Street,
Building Better Regions Fund (BBRF) Workshop
RDA Sunshine Coast will host a specialised Building Better Regions Fund (BBRF) information session for leading business, community groups and non-profit organisations in 2 locations.
Time: 8:30am – 12:30pm
Date 1: Tuesday 3 December 2019 8:30am – 12:30pm
Peregian Digital Hub, 253-255 David Low Way, Peregian Beach, 4573
Date 2: Wednesday 4 December
The Hive Co-working & Office Space, Kon Tiki Business Centre, 55 Plaza Parade, Maroochydore, 4558
Looking for a wide range of business training? Browse the listing of available webinars on the business.gov.au website.Webinars are a great way to learn and upskill - all without leaving the house!
The Federal Government's business.gov.au website has useful tools and information to assist business owners to establish a business and to effectively plan for success.
Additional Business Event Information
There are a number of online resources that are freely available to assist businesses:
- The Queensland Government's business and industry portal is an online resource for business people. With information on a broad range of business-related topics from starting out, business planning, researching grant opportunities to employment obligations.
The strategic direction of the Department of State Development is to deliver Queensland's economic prosperity by championing the interests of business and industry. The business events and grants information on the website may be very useful for business owners and operators.
Check the QLD Government Business Events Calendar for events hosted in Noosa Shire and across the region.
Please note that the information contained on this page has been included for informational purposes only as it has potential to be valuable to business. Inclusion of events on this page does not mean Council endorsement of the program or organisers.