Council endeavours to promote relevant and helpful events from local, state and federal government agencies and from local, not-for-profit business groups to foster business development. It also sometimes partners with agencies to deliver events helpful to local businesses.
Local Venues Map
Looking for a venue for training, a conference or a group meeting? Take a look at the interactive map with photos and locations of commercial venues. Tourism Noosa has also compiled a booklet of local venues.
Peregian Digital Hub Holiday Program
This July school holidays, Noosa's tech-loving kids are in for an action-packed program of creating, inventing and having fun with the latest technology. The Hub's holiday program has a wide variety of workshops for girls and boys in years 4-12. Take your pick...
Robotics Masterclass with the RoboKings
Dates & Times: Saturday 13 & Sunday 14 July 9:00am-1:00pm
Venue: Peregian Digital Hub
253-255 David Low Way, Peregian Beach QLD 4573
Peregian Digital Hub Meetups
- REBOOT is for digital agencies and creative professionals based in the Noosa area who provide online marketing, web/app development, content creation or related services. The members meet at the Hub on the second Tuesday of each month.
- Coding from Beach is a group for geeks who meet on the first Thursday of each month to share and learn about programming, making and hacking on hardware.
- Sunshine Coast Screen Meetup is for the many talented visual storytelling creatives living on the Sunshine Coast who are involved in film, tv, video, photography or related services. The group meets at the Hub on the first Monday of each month.
- NoosaCrypto is an industry group for blockchain and cryptocurrency professionals and technologists in the Noosa area. The group which has around 160 members, meets on the first Wednesday of each month at the Hub.
- The Sunshine Coast Producer Group is designed for local house producers and DJs based on the Sunshine Coast. It’s an opportunity to get to know each other, and learn and share with other industry professionals. The group meets on the second Thursday of each month.
Venue: Peregian Digital Hub
Find out about more events at Peregian Digital Hub here
Sunshine Coast Business Awards 2019 Information Session
The 25th Anniversary Sunshine Coast Business Awards are now open!
The Sunshine Coast Business Awards give your business the chance to reflect, network, celebrate, and be recognised for all your hard work!
If you are interested in applying, but want to know more, join us at our information sessions where you will:
Find out more about the application process and eligibility criteria.
Hear from a previous winner about the application process - and what the awards process meant for their business.
Find out some tips about submitting a competitive application.
Have the opportunity to ask questions of the Awards team.
Date: Thursday 11 July 2019
Time: 5:30pm – 7:30pm
Venue: The J, 60 Noosa Drive Noosa Heads, QLD 4567
Facebook Community Boost
- Managing Your Business on Facebook and Instagram
- Getting Creative with Your Mobile
- Grow Your Business with Facebook
- Instagram Stories School
Time: 9:00am – 11:00pm
Venue: Noosa Boat House
Export Asia - Food & Agribusiness Network
Join FAN for a Information Session presented by Sunshine Coast Airport, FAN and ANZ.
- Discover what's happening in Asian markets from ANZ as they launch their ANZ Opportunity Asia Report 2019
- Hear about FAN's recent visit to Vietnam and Singapore as part of ANZ's Opportunity Asia delegation and what this means for FAN's members
- Learn about the Sunshine Coast Airport's Master Plan 2040 from CEO Andrew Brodie and be a part of the conversation about planned freight facilities.
Date: Tuesday 30 July 2019
Time: 9:00am – 11:00pm
Venue: Sunshine Coast Airport
Friendship Ave, Marcoola, QLD 4564
EPIC Business Breakfast: Benefits of Being a Disability Inclusive Business
A free event for food and agribusiness operators to discover the benefits of making their business more inclusive for people with disability.
- Foster innovative thinking. Employing people who look at the world through a different lens will open new ways of thinking about challenges and opportunities.
- Gain a competitive edge. Employing people with disability can help you to understand what your customers or clients with disability may need, and give you an edge over your competitors.
- Recruit loyal and dependable staff. Studies have shown that employees with disability are more loyal, dependable and more productive than their colleagues who do not have disability.
1 in 5 Australians experience disability. Is your business missing out on the potential of this market segment?
Date: Monday 29 July 2019
Time: 7:00AM – 9:00AM
Venue: The J, Noosa Drive, Noosa Heads, QLD, 4567
TIQ Business Growth Workshop Series: Get Pitch-Ready
You have a plan to grow your business, you know which investors or funders to target and how to write documents that will convince them you have a strong case, and now it’s time to pitch.
This workshop will teach you all the elements of a great pitch and give you the confidence you need to pitch to buyers or investors. Plan a pitch that effectively sells you, your business and your product or project, and the confidence to deliver at short notice.
8.45am Tea, coffee and Morning Tea on arrival
9.00am Workshop delivered by John Gillespie, Principal Economic Development Officer
Department of State Development, Manufacturing, Infrastructure and Planning
12.00pm Q&A Session with local panel members:
Mr Paul Fisher, CEO of RDA Sunshine Coast
Ms Robyn Pulman, ‘Speaking for Impact’ coach
(**Further information to come about other panel members**)
12.30pm Light lunch and networking
Date: Wednesday 31 July 2019
Time: 9:00AM – 1:00PM
Venue: Alexandra Headlands Surf Club - Downstairs Bluff Room
167 Alexandra Parade, Alexandra Headlands, 4572
Refinery Showcase - Meet the Next Wave of Entrepreneurs on the Coast
15 diverse creatives from arts, architecture, fashion and First Nation start-ups present their projects and showcase their product and story. This event is a culmination of an intensive 10 week program where our creatives refined their business idea with the help of a line-up of inspiring mentors. Join us for an exciting presentation, a showcase of products and services in our pop-up kiosk and celebrate with refreshments and a local spread.
Date: Friday 2 August 2019
Time: 4:30pm - 6:30pm
Venue: Peregian Digital Hub
253-255 David Low Way, Peregian Beach, QLD 4573
Dinner with the Mayor 2019
For over a decade, Cooroy Chamber of Commerce has hosted the annual Dinner with the Mayor event and in that time four Mayors have been in the spotlight. The event has become a highlight of Cooroy calendar and is informative as well as being a great social night. The tradition continues this year with Mayor Tony Wellington on Tuesday 13th August at the Saw & Mill. Dinner will be a delicious two course meal with alternate drop. Cash bar
Date: Tuesday 13 August 2019
Cost: $45.50 for members
$55.50 for non members
Venue: Saw & Mill Restaurant
5 Opal St, Cooory, QLD 4563
Tendering for Business Workshop
This is an interactive 4 hour workshop run by the Department of Sate Development SEQ North Regional Office. Included: Tea and coffee on arrival, morning tea, handouts and a USB memory stick containing useful links and information.
- The principles of government procurement policies and processes;
- How to interpret and effectively respond to offer and tender documents;
- Where to look for current and upcoming tendering opportunities;
- How to interpret terms and conditions
- How to identify purchasing requirements for products and services.
Date: Tuesday 27 August 2019
Time: 8:30am – 12:30pm
Venue: Maroochy RSL, 105 Memorial Avenue Maroochydore, QLD 4558
Sunshine Coast Business Awards 2018
Congratulations to all the winners of this year's Awards. Winners were announced at a Gala event at Twin Waters on November 17. Congratulations to local businesses who won in their category:
- Laguna Pest Control - Retail, Large Business
- RACV Noosa Resort - Accommodation, Large Business
- Australian Body Art Festival - Festival & Events, Small Business
- Noosa Food & Wine - Festivals & Events, Large Business
- iExpedition - Tours & Transfer, Small Business
- Icecream Curls - Hospitality, Small Business
- Zenko Yoga - Health & Wellness, Large Business
For more information and a complete list of winners, visit: Sunshine Coast Business Awards
Webinars are a great way to learn and upskill - all without leaving the house!
Looking for a wide range of business training? Browse the listing of available webinars on the business.gov.au website.
The Federal Government's business.gov.au website has useful tools and information to assist business owners to establish a business and to effectively plan for success.
Additional Business Event Information
There are a number of online resources that are freely available to assist businesses:
- The Queensland Government's business and industry portal is an online resource for business people. With information on a broad range of business-related topics from starting out, business planning, researching grant opportunities to employment obligations.
The strategic direction of the Department of State Development is to deliver Queensland's economic prosperity by championing the interests of business and industry. The business events and grants information on the website may be very useful for business owners and operators.
Check the QLD Government Business Events Calendar for events hosted in Noosa Shire and across the region.