Business and COVID-19
COVID Information for Business
Business restrictions from December 17 2021 including the vaccination requirements for staff & customers for particular businesses.
Essential businesses wll be able to allow fully vaccinated and unvaccinated people.
COVID information for employers:
- Read about the requirements for vaccinated staff and customers, including an overview and FAQ's here.
- Signage for businesses
- Steps to add your proof of vaccination to the Check In QLD App
- Information on how a business can check the vaccination status of customers
- Fair Work Australia - COVID and Australian Workplace Laws
- Fair Work Ombudsman - COVID-19 vaccinations: workplace rights & obligations - Fair Work Ombudsman in relation to vaccination in the workplace
- Fair Work Ombudsman - Top COVID Questions
- COVID Vaccinations & Federal Discrimination Law - FAQ's from the Australian Human Rights Commission
- COVID Safe Online training for non essential venues
- Office of the Australian Information Commissioner, regarding privacy obligations for employers
- Safe Work Australia have developed guidance around mandatory vaccinations & employers WHS responsibilities
- Workplace Health & Safety have published a template to help businesses develop a risk management plan fo COVID-19.
Other COVID Information:
- Tourism Noosa Wrap up on the Re-opening forum for the tourism sector
- COVID vaccination locations
- COVID testing clinics
- COVID-19 Cleaning Rebate - supports small & medium businesses that have been listed as an exposure site by QLD Health
- COVID-19 rapid testing for business owners - Learn how rapid antigen testing can help your business and your rights and responsibilities as a business owner.
- Small Business Financial Counselling Program - Free service offering a confidential service for those suffering financial hardship due to COVID-19. Call 1300 732 777
- Commercial Rent Relief during COVID-19 - The QLD Small Business Commissioner's Office continues to provide dispute assistance and mediation services. Key points:
- Mental Health Support for Small Business Owners
- Tourism Noosa's Members COVID Support Kit
Business Support Panel
Our panel of Business Specialists are available to support local businesses with up to two hours of free advice. If you are grappling with the new vaccination rules in relation to staff issues and communication, panellists who can help include:
• Tammy from Grange Consulting for HR Guidance, and
• Kristy from MOTO, regarding COVID and vaccinations communications support.
There are also a range of other specialists available - whether you need social media support, go online or just chat to someone about your current business challenges, there'll be someone to support you. Includes specialists in Marketing, Business Strategy, HR and the Arts
If you are in need of immediate financial counselling or support, please call Scott at Biz Whiz Business Solutions - 5391-9300 or Email Scott here. This is a fully subsidised service offered by Noosa Council.
COVID Safe Businesses
Requirements for COVID Safe businesses are:
- Follow the public health directions
- Physical Distancing of staff and customers
- Hand Hygiene
- Respiratory Hygiene
- Frequent environmental cleaning and disinfection
- Please use the Check in QLD app for collecting contact details of patrons
- Don't allow staff or customers showing any COVID-19 symptoms to enter your premises
- Please ensure you have your COVID Safe Plan.
- Get tested if you have any symptoms
COVID Safe Businesses
For guidance see the Framework for COVID Safe Businesses.
The following resources/posters may be helpful for you in complying with the COVID Safe requirements:
For display at a prominent location for your customers
For display internally for your staff
- COVID-19 Cleaning Checklist
- COVID-19 At Your Workplace : Unwell staff
- COVID-19 Physical Distancing Checklist
Information and Resources
Looking after your own health is paramount during such times, especially your mental health. Programs below offer mental health support.
Small Business Mental Health - Support services and resources that offer business and mental health advice and assistance.
B Well and Prosper Program - A website to discover Wellbeing & Mental Health tools, resources, programs and information to support Sunshine Coast small business owners and employees. Visit B_Well & Prosper for more information.
Beyond Blue provides immediate mental health services. Talk through any anxiety you may be experiencing with a trained mental health professional. Call 1 300 224 636.
Workout videos - Look after your mental health by participating in these exercise videos brought to you by the Noosa Aquatic Centre & Leisure Centre, including Yoga, Fitbarre and Pilates.
Boost Your Healthy - The Queensland Government has launched Boost Your Healthy, a series of online videos and tips turning backyards into gyms and using Queensland’s sporting greats as personal trainers and motivators.
Department of Employment, Small Business and Training - EMERALD offers you personalised coaching and high-quality learning modules that arm you with strategies proven by the latest science to support wellbeing.
The Australian Government has released a Continuing your business guide, created in acknowledgement of the devastating effects on business from the recent Australian bushfires and coronavirus. It provides information on positive steps to help keep a business operating, including reaching out to customers and protecting a business.