The Noosa Plan first commenced in February 2006, and was amended on:
- Amendment No. 1 - 3 March 2008
- Amendment No. 2 - 11 May 2009
- Amendment No. 3 - 23 May 2011
- Amendment No. 4 - 8 August 2011
- Amendment No. 5 - 16 September 2013
- Amendment No. 6 - 28 October 2016
Note: Planning Scheme Policy No. 6 (Engineering Design Standards – Water and Sewer) was amended 11 November 2009.
Copies of superseded (old) versions of The Noosa Plan are available on request. Please contact council's customer service centre.
The most recent amendments to The Noosa Plan is Amendment No.6 – 28 October 2016.
The amendments are varied but broadly focus on:
- Correcting errors and inaccuracies in the scheme
- Reducing unnecessary regulation, such as on home based businesses and rural enterprises
- Protecting natural vegetation and wildlife habitat (including in urban area)
- Improving housing choice by better facilitating small units and secondary dwellings
- Protecting people and property from flooding and bushfire risk
- Clarifying expectations around advertising signs
- Protecting residential amenity by requiring increased rear setbacks
- Further controlling the use of commercial jetties on the Noosa River
- Improving consistency with the State Planning Policy.